Paint Colors

edogcooterJune 17, 2011

Hi there,

we are going through a remodel of our house and are planning on painting the living room, dining room, and family rooms with the SW Latte color. We have some nooks that we are going to paint with the SW Hopsack. Our Kitchen lies in between the family room and dining room and we'd like to paint it a different color to break up the Latte color. We have uba tuba granite counter tops with light colored maple cabinets. We're also getting a dark colored hard wood installed so we'd like to keep the paint on the lighter side- maybe a light blue or yellow? Can anyone off any suggestions? Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
graywings123

If you don't get responses here, try posting on the Home Decorating forum. Pictures will help a lot.

Bookmark   June 17, 2011 at 4:20PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fnmroberts

Are your rooms light - both daylight and artifical? Ours have large windows but high ceilings so nighttime creates a different look. Latte is darker and we used the color for our accent in the Entry and LR. The remaining walls, including the entirity of the DR are Kilim Beige. In this photo, Kilim shows to the right so you can see the difference.

Our kitchen is separate but adjacent to the DR. We used C2 Fusion for the back wall, then C2 Shaker for the remainder of the Kitchen, the FR and main hallway. You can see Fusion abutting Kilim Beige in the doorway.

You can look at the room photos too from the link below. Hope this helps.

Here is a link that might be useful: Room Photos

Bookmark   June 17, 2011 at 5:40PM
More Discussions
Mixing Paints & Colors
I know I shouldnt do it but I always do - mix paint...
kashka_kat
How to move forward and paint after large scale patching and sanding
We have plaster walls and ceilings. I removed the...
lannegreenelag
Can regular paint go over Cabinet Coat?
I have an orange oak vanity cabinet I just pulled out...
mrsshayne
Is the burgundy / red accent wall dated?
Hi all! Would love your opinions on this ! My husband...
eesmerelda
Valspar Paints formula change-not good
I'm a prior user/recommender of Valspar paints (e.g....
tbriggs
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™