Benjamin moore whites.... please advise!

joannembJune 23, 2011

I need 3 BM whites that will blend well together. The furniture has already been painted with Decorator's white (it's kind of vintage, shabby chic'ish so there is some White Dove dry brushed on here and there as well.)

Doing an all white room, so for the walls and trim I'd like whites that will blend well. The other colors in the house are grays with pops of light blue and lime green so I don't want anything yellow or too creamy with the white....

What would be a good choice for the walls that would blend with Decorator's white? I want lighter though not darker (which is why I'm not going with white dove for the walls) and then I was thinking Superwhite for the trim. We just replaced all of the molding and trim so I'd like it to stand out a bit.

So I guess the big question is: What BM white is 1/2 way between Decorator's white and Superwhite? I've heard good things about Simply white, white cloud and cloud nine. Any advice? Thanks so much!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
countryboymo

I think I used Seafoam BM for my trim which is a white with a very very light touch of greenish blue. I have it on trim and doors with a sand dollar light earthy tan sherwin williams that the interior was painted with. The greenish blue hue isn't even noticeable other than it is just a softer white than bright. I think it really looks cool and soothing with the tan. I had a painter recommend it and thought he was nuts until I tried it.

Bookmark   June 28, 2011 at 11:44PM
More Discussions
Paint pink ground
what is the equivalent of pink ground by Farrow and...
appuri
How to move forward and paint after large scale patching and sanding
We have plaster walls and ceilings. I removed the...
lannegreenelag
Paint First or New Flooring First?
I asked a flooring salesman whether to paint walls...
jbnimble
What do you think of Coronado vs. Ben Moore Classic
I had discussed using Ben Moore paints with the painter...
CT_Newbie
Spraying SW Primer and wb Paint with Airless - tip size?
I've read hundreds of posts and found 3 that address...
cebury
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™