safe websites for kids?

ShaddyDecember 25, 2001

I have posted also on the Grandparent's forum, seeking some safe websites for the grandson to visit from time to time when he visits. Had a list, currently no less than 2 of the recommended 12 are currently in service, would someone have some to share with us? Appreciate any input.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Carlotta_Bull

How old is your grandson?

Bookmark   December 25, 2001 at 1:12PM
fwbc4_hotmail_com

disney.com and nick.com are fun. With help a young child could do some of the stuff at those sites, and at 9 or so they are fine by themselves. You could also do a search at yahooligans.com (the yahoo site especially for kids) for games, etc.

Bookmark   December 25, 2001 at 3:31PM
amygdala

This page has U.S. government links for kids to all kinds of sites, from the dept of health and human services it looks like.

http://www.acf.dhhs.gov/kids/

Sometimes the links won't work. The White House link for kids gave me an error page. But, across the top of that page are links. Clicking on the 'for kids only' link will take you to the White House kids pages section (there is a time line which is linked nicely), but clicking the center text link for the White House.gov will get you to the kid's White House pages.

The other pages might have similar links, even if they give error pages initially too. I'm not sure, but the White House kid's pages are very well done and nicely linked.

Bookmark   December 25, 2001 at 3:59PM
ferrifamily_yahoo_com

Here's one that has simple arcade games, board and word games as well as educational stuff for quite a range in ages.

Here is a link that might be useful: funschool

Bookmark   December 25, 2001 at 10:19PM
More Discussions
Need iOS app for my kids.
I bought an iPad for my kids. Please guys suggest me...
highpower91
My 21 year old daughter
My daughter has her first boyfriend at 21. Now she...
stacey1799
Adult daughter says actions speak louder than words
My Daughter and I have not had the best relationship...
Drinaz
Please Help !
I have 16 yrs old daughter she move out and live with...
muku
Normal Behaviour?
I'll keep this short... is it normal that 10 year olds...
gtrshop
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™