For 'Metal Substrates Only'

tom418June 16, 2012

I just bought a can of Benjamin Moore Z235 01 Regal Satin Impervo to do my wood trim inside the house.

The dealer (and another local one nearby) insist that I can use it on wood trim moldings. However, the label on the back of the can says "for metal substrates only"!!!!

Also, on my older can, the label said "Satin Impervo" and "for walls and trim" . While this one says "Satin Impervo" also, it is msissing the "walls and trim" statement.

So, is it safe to use this on wood trim?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tom418

Question answered.

I called Ben Moore's customer service department, and was told that the store misinformed me about the use. It is NOT intended for wood trim. I went with the water based paint instead.

Bookmark   June 16, 2012 at 11:47AM
sombreuil_mongrel

I guess they have made some radical changes lately, because I have used oil satin Impervo, and oil semi gloss Impervo (which is now called Dulamel) on woodwork for decades!
Casey

Bookmark   June 16, 2012 at 12:10PM
tom418

Sombreuil: I too have used the Impervo oil based paint. But my last can was a C235 01 , and the paint in question was a Z235 01. At $29/quart, I couldn't take a chance on it's not coming out correctly.

Oh and the C235 01 had a label on the front that said "For Walls and trim"! The Z235 01 says "for metal substrates only".

By the way: I actually prefer the finish of the oil base C235 01

I'm waiting to hear back from Moore as to whether there is an OIL based enamel for walls and trim.

Thanks for the reply.

Bookmark   June 18, 2012 at 7:43PM
tom418

Sombreuil: I just found out that Moore STILL MAKES the C235 01 oil based enamel for walls and trim. Apparently, the store owner thought that it was replaced by the Z235 01!

Well, kind of late for me, as I finished painting this room. Too bad that the fellow at Moore's customer service steered me toward the water based enamel (314 01), which I don't think is as good quality as what we've been using "for decades" !

Bookmark   June 19, 2012 at 6:40AM
sombreuil_mongrel

I knew they still sold it (in WV) in January, because that was the last qt of Impervo/Dulamel I have bought.
Casey

Bookmark   June 19, 2012 at 7:50PM
More Discussions
Spraying SW Primer and wb Paint with Airless - tip size?
I've read hundreds of posts and found 3 that address...
cebury
Paint pink ground
what is the equivalent of pink ground by Farrow and...
appuri
Just painted kitchen cabinets, now the paint is easily peeling.
My kitchen cabinets had a natural, grainy wood finish....
iris_bulb
Paint not cured-it's been over a month!
I recently painted an unfinished wooden bench. I did...
Phobie Privett
Help me find this wall paper please
Hi all. I'm new to the forum and excited to be here....
sasseeash
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™