Epoxy for Garage; Allfloor

sailormassJune 22, 2012

Hi--I'm moving into a newly-constructed house in a couple of weeks and have been thinking about using an epoxy paint on the garage and possibly the cellar floor. My concern is that an epoxy coating might be slippery and we get a fair amount of snow and rain in the winter where I live.

My local paint store guru, who seems very knowledgeable, recommended California Paint's AllFloor Epoxy Fortified Acrylic Floor Enamel. This is a one-part epoxy and, according to my paint guy, is not slippery.

Has anyone used this? Any thoughts about slipperiness, even with anti-skid stuff added?

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tuesday_2008

I used the Quikrete kit attached below two years ago in my unattached, unheated garage. It is holding up great. I used the little "srinkle flakes" for color and put the sand/grit in the top coat sealer. It is definitely not slick when wet.

Here is a link that might be useful: Quikrete 2-part Epoxy

Bookmark   June 28, 2012 at 4:11PM
Northlut

We had our garage floor done professionally. To be honest, I didn't do a lot of research, because I didn't feel like doing it myself anyway. But from what little reading I did do, it sounded like the stuff that's basically just paint isn't that great. The epoxy stuff. probably like what tuesday_2008 mentioned, is the way to go from what I know. The one I briefly looked at before deciding not to do it myself is Epoxy-Coat. They sell a kit that comes with everything you need supposedly.

Here is a link that might be useful: Epoxy-Coat

Bookmark   June 28, 2012 at 8:12PM
sailormass

Thanks!

Bookmark   June 30, 2012 at 1:01AM
More Discussions
Living room and game room paint colors!! Help please!!
Hello everyone, I just bought my house and I need help...
fabbyar79
What color wall paint to go with Blooming Prairie Quilt?
Here is photo of daybed with the set I just purchased....
hyperchickmom
Advice on what to expect with exterior house painting job
I plan on getting estimates from 3 painters to paint...
spunkybelle
Valspar Paints formula change-not good
I'm a prior user/recommender of Valspar paints (e.g....
tbriggs
how to get smooooth walls
The room Im painting has some areas original 1906 calcimine...
kashka_kat
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™