I FINALLY finished sanding, priming, painting all of the trim and cathedral ceiling in the new master BR. Time to apply the first coat of Newberryport Blue Aura Satin. It was like prom night, I was so excited.
I started in a corner behind a closet door, cutting in with a Purdy Chinex brush. First stroke went on a bit streaky so I immedidiately lightly repeated the stroke. Streakier, the paint lifted in spots. I figure I'll go over it when it dries. Move on. Next stroke applied a bit thicker. Nice, but could see streaks toward the end of the stroke.
This painting 4 inches at a time went on for about 30 minutes and I hadn't completed the perimeter of one closet door yet. I decided it was time for a glass of water and left the room. My husband was steaming off wallpaper in the kitchen and gladly stopped to ask how the magical paint was going.
"It better take my breath away when it dries, because it's a PIA to work with."
Fast forward to several hours later and the paint is dry. It looks the same--streaky and uneven. I bring in the big guns--my meticulous, steadyhanded son. I explain the procedure and he scowls. "Sounds like a lot of work for this result--let me see if it's different for me."
Long story short, we bought two gallons of regular BM paint in the same color. The room has one coat drying, scheduled for the second this weekend.
It must be me, but I won't be attempting Aura again.