power paint rollers

kaffineJune 5, 2010

I have a 28x28' shop with a 10 foot ceiling that I would like to paint. I have thought about spraying but I am concerned about overspray. Do any of the power rollers work well? If so any recommendations on which one? Also are they able to handle latex primer and paint without them being thinned? Thank you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
paintguy22

They work, but they are slow because you have to wait for the paint to arrive in the sleeve so you have to roll slowly.

Bookmark   June 5, 2010 at 11:17AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Lori A. Sawaya

We used the Wagner Roller just so we could say we used it. Tried it with different viscosities - Behr and Aura. From one extreme to the other on many levels.

It worked well. Once you got it set up and rolling, it did go fast. It was very convenient not having to reload the roller and it did apply a nice even coat.

Cleaning it is a major PITA. In the long run I'm not sure it saves any time in that situation. By the time you clean it just to switch from primer to paint or to switch colors, I seriously question time savings and wonder if you could just use a brush and roller and be done in the same amount of time.

We decided it would be best to roll one product/color, clean it, let it dry over night so it's ready for the next round.

Bookmark   June 5, 2010 at 11:57AM
More Discussions
Front door color for my gray house!
Hey everyone, I need help choosing a front door color....
suzii
How to move forward and paint after large scale patching and sanding
We have plaster walls and ceilings. I removed the...
lannegreenelag
why does the cut in on walls look darker than the rolled walls?
Im a designer and the painter I use tells me this happens...
Michael Taylor Interiors
What color yellow for cottage exterior
I'm painting my cottage this spring. I want to use...
Ann Guss
Spraying SW Primer and wb Paint with Airless - tip size?
I've read hundreds of posts and found 3 that address...
cebury
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™