Kid friendly place to eat in NYC

michie1November 16, 2004

I live on Long Island & in a few weeks we have tix to go see Radio City's Xmas Spectcular at Rockefeller Center. We have a whole day planned of looking at the tree, watching the ice skaters, browsing through the famous animated Xmas windows & of course the show. We'd like to go eat lunch out in the city (right in the area) - a place that accepts reservations so we can count on getting in. There is the Sea Grill where you can watch the ice skaters while dining, which is where I REALLY wanted to go but they don't accept reservations, so it's doubtful we'll get in. We have a 3 yr old daughter & I wanted to know if anyone knew of a kid friendly place to go eat prior to the show?

Michie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ArabellaMiller

If you are going in on a Sunday, you might want to check out Jazz for Kids at Blue Smoke.

Their menu is terrific and very kid-friendly and the Sunday jazz program is phenomenal. We take our 6 and 3 year olds there quite often.

If that's too far for you, there's Mars 2112, or a million theme restaurants in the area.

Here is a link that might be useful: blue smoke

Bookmark   November 16, 2004 at 1:32PM
michie1

Actually we're going on a week day. Mars 2112 isn't in the area though, right?

I know there are many restaurants but since I'm no longer in the city (used to work there about 5 yrs ago), I had no idea what's there now in walking distance to Radio City that I can make advance reservations for.

Michie

Bookmark   November 16, 2004 at 6:35PM
lanzz

You could try John's Pizza at 44th between 7th and 8th Aves. Not as touristy as a national chain, and great pizza/Italian food in a cool setting. It is in a converted church. It's not cheap, but nothing will be.

a link... http://www.johnspizzerianyc.com/index2.htm

Have fun while you are here.

Bookmark   November 21, 2004 at 7:33PM
michie1

Great idea!!!! I love it! Thanks. I think that's what we'll do.

Michie

Bookmark   November 21, 2004 at 11:03PM
michie1

I never did update you - well that day it poured cats & dogs & we ended up having pizza at home before we left. We decided not to spend the day walking around the city so we just rushed through in the rain making all the pit stops before & after the show - the American Girl store, Build a Bear, Saks window, the Rockefeller tree, etc. all in record time & then on the way home we picked up dirty water dogs, pretzels &
chestnuts on the ride home. Not as we planned but it was kinda cool anyway & very NY!!!!

Michie

Bookmark   March 9, 2005 at 11:10PM
talley_sue_nyc

oh, one nice thing about NYC: lots of restaurants don't take reservations but STILL have room for you. There are so MANY of them, you see.

Especially the ones on the side streets.

Bookmark   June 27, 2005 at 6:01PM
michie1

I would never go into the city with a a child & no reservations & hoping to find a place. By the time we walked around & found something your kids would be cranky. I didn't work too far from that area, but that was a while back & I didn't rememeber any of the restaurants especially child friendly. As you know now it turns out the eating plans turned out to be scrapped to due to crappy weather.

Michie

Bookmark   June 27, 2005 at 6:07PM
lindac

You need to know the places that always have room and always have kid stuff on the menu....delis...Chinese just to name a few....
Unless of course you are looking for the cloth tablecloth places.....then you might be wise to know who is kind to kids.
I think the upper west side, most places are kid friendly in the early evening.
Linda C

Bookmark   July 27, 2005 at 10:21PM
More Discussions
Normal Behaviour?
I'll keep this short... is it normal that 10 year olds...
gtrshop
Adult daughter says actions speak louder than words
My Daughter and I have not had the best relationship...
Drinaz
she is too demanding. please help
First, my mom never hits me. My brother and I got into...
logan524
New cervical cancer vaccine - You & Your Daughter
My 16 yr old daughter & I are in the process of...
teaka123
Please Help !
I have 16 yrs old daughter she move out and live with...
muku
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™