An BM Aura question for paintguy

brownsvillianJune 4, 2010

I went to my local Benjamin Moore dealer to purchase to buy waterbourne Satin Impervo to paint my kitchen cabinets. They no longer carry the waterbourne Satin Impervo. Due to local consumer preference they've replaced it with the Aura in satin or semi-gloss. I don't want to go with the oil base formula because the cabinets will be a grayed white to coordinate with counter and desire to avoid the yellowing.

I have used Aura in matte and eggshell on the walls with beautiful results, but would you recommend the Aura satin sheen for cabinets?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
paintguy1

WSI has not been discontinued - if you really want to use it, just find another retailer. That said, both Aura products are also excellent but may not have the open time that WSI offers since they are lower VOC products. I would suggest you get the feel of them on a test board before you tackle your cabinets. Good luck.

Bookmark   June 4, 2010 at 4:43PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
brownsvillian

Thanks for your reply! I've followed your tips and suggestions as we've worked through various painting projects. You've been a much appreciated resource. I've decided to try the Aura satin. I also purchased a bottle of extender for the Aura paint.

Bookmark   June 7, 2010 at 11:45PM
More Discussions
Choosing Paint Color with Lighting Issues
I'm anxious to start painting my kitchen cabinet doors...
funkycamper
Spraying SW Primer and wb Paint with Airless - tip size?
I've read hundreds of posts and found 3 that address...
cebury
What color yellow for cottage exterior
I'm painting my cottage this spring. I want to use...
Ann Guss
First Time Homeowner - Interior Paint Decision ProMar/SuperPaint/Aura?
Here we go... I just purchased a 1950s midcentury modern...
jstem20
Painted Ceilings
What is the general consensus, or majority opinion,...
okla78
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™