christmas shopping

tegwynNovember 24, 2007

Has anyone started Christmas shopping for their kids yet? We have picked up a few stocking stuffers but not any under the tree gifts. Last year we had it all done and wrapped by the first week in Dec. - then these massive one week sales started. This year we said we will wait until at least the 15th of Dec before buying anything for the girls.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
badin

I began shopping a few weeks ago, but it's slow going again this year. I haven't bought anything made in China, at least not knowingly, for a couple of years. This year, that's meant a lot of returns already, since quite a few web stores have provided erroneous information about Country of Origin. It seems that way too many customer service reps don't know that "Made in Hong Kong" and "Made in PRC" mean the same as "Made in China." While my average per item cost is higher these days, my overall spending is down.

Bookmark   November 24, 2007 at 7:12PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
plasticgarden

So far have gotten a new Mongoose bike and a Barbie house that makes sounds.
I avoided Black Friday though.The lines and the crowds just arent worth what I might save.I heard some lady that worked at WALMART talking about two guys that got in a physical fight over the last Wii Nintendo at Toys R Us.I will most likely shop only on weekdays when crowds are at a minimum.
I'm starting to feel antsy though like I need to get more done.I'm not a wait until the last minute person.I like to plan what I'm getting rather then just browsing and have it ready to go in advance.
DD is so easy to shop for...now,if only DH was so easy! Everything he wants I'll have to try to order online because it cant be found in stores.

Bookmark   November 26, 2007 at 2:34AM
More Discussions
A harness for a child that old ?
Looking for a safety harness to keep an escapist toddler...
jo
estrangement from adult children
There seems to be a very common thread with all these...
ruth3dogs
My 21 year old daughter
My daughter has her first boyfriend at 21. Now she...
stacey1799
mothers estranged from adult children
Hi Ladies. I'm new here and there was a post at the...
sadmother.2
WWYD: Tween Drama: Playdate/sleepover rules?
Hi, I have a Tween girl who is really friendly and...
homey_bird
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™