What do you want your children to know about you?

stephanie_in_gaOctober 5, 2008

I'm looking for a new line of discussion. Anyone else? LOL.

I want my children to know, of course, that I love them no matter what. And that I love them equally and uniquely.

But about ME... about YOU?

I want my children to know that I can be funny, not just the rule maker. There is more, but I keep typing and deleting. Seems I have to think about my own question for a while. Having trouble putting it in words.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
popi_gw

I think the thing I would like them to know, is that their happiness is my happiness. If they are not happy, I am not happy. No matter what they do or what happens in their lives, their happiness will always be important to me.

I don't think you can really, fully understand that, until you have your own children. Or is that just me ?

Bookmark   October 6, 2008 at 3:51AM
silversword

Stephanie, I know what you mean. I want to be fun and spontaneous but sometimes it's so hard when she won't eat her vegetables, or doesn't clean her room, to give treats and not turn into the "Mommy Monster"!

Finding a balance between being the enforcer and friend. I feel so guilty so much of the time, I'm not doing enough, I could be doing more. It's really hard for me. This morning I thought I got out of the house before she woke up, but just as I left, here she comes out of her room "mommy mommmy" and my heart went two directions. Irritation (that I would be late to work yet again) and absolute love. Of course I had to spend a few minutes with her, getting her out of sleepymode and into the morning. I felt like I was abandoning her!

I want her to know that it's not my choice that I'm not with her every second of the day. That I love her so much and that being a Mommy doesn't come with a rulebook, we're just winging it and doing the best I can.

Bookmark   October 6, 2008 at 9:39AM
sniffles07

I would want my children to know that I love them very much and have tried to do the right thing by them. I would want my daughter to know that when I got pregnant with her, it changed my life, for the better. I would want my son to know that I'm proud of the man he has become.

Bookmark   October 6, 2008 at 7:45PM
dogdogcrazy

I would want my kids to know that I love them, and always will. I want them to know that I always tried to do what was best for them, and that I always made the best choices that I knew how. I would want to them know that I will always help them in any way I can, and that they can come to me for anything.

Bookmark   October 20, 2008 at 2:44PM
More Discussions
To parents of other heavy gamers...
Please do not attempt to moderate or restrict your...
sarabera
Coping with the Estrangement of Adult Children
Sadly, my adult children and I are estranged from each...
res1705
Separating because of adult son
We have a 25 yo son. Unemployed, living at home, no...
sanman12
My 21 year old daughter
My daughter has her first boyfriend at 21. Now she...
stacey1799
Mothers of estranged children....part II
I thought it might ease the posting if I restarted...
yoyobon_gw
Sponsored Products
Carlisle Cast-top Outdoor Chat Table in Black Finish, Patio Furniture
FRONTGATE
Abbyson Living Brentwood Brown Leather Chair - CI-1307-BRN-1
$939.99 | Hayneedle
Kichler Willowmore Traditional Bath Vanity Light
1800Lighting
Luxe Pillow Cover - King
Crane and Canopy
Indoor Ceiling Fans: Hampton Bay Florentine IV 56 in. Indoor/Outdoor Natural Iro
$99.00 | Home Depot
Blue Star Group Dining Furniture TERRACE MATES Daniella 5-Piece Coffee Patio
Home Depot
Orange Wall Quotes™ Polka Dots Decal Set
$22.99 | zulily
King Embroidered Duvet Cover 106" x 92" - GRAY (KING)
$705.00 | Horchow
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™