help me reconstruct "gondi"

gellchomOctober 4, 2012

It's funny that someone revived my old post about clear liquids, because I am posting with a similar question now.

My daughter, Thing Two, had her wisdom teeth removed this morning. She stuck to pudding, soup, jello, mashed potatoes and cottage cheese today, although her doctor said she could eat anything she wants. I imagine tomorrow she will want more substantial food. There is leftover very soft stuffed cabbage, which she likes, for lunch.

For tomorrow night, I think I have a good idea. I have the leftover chicken from the soup (four pounds of wings; not a ton of meat, but some), and it's very soft, because I cook my soup for several hours. So I was thinking of what to make for her with that.

Her boyfriend's family is Persian-Jewish, and although his mom is a terrific cook, she has trouble eating a lot of it, because she just can't eat anything even a little spicy. But there is one Persian specialty she makes that Thing Two adores: chicken meatballs called "gundi" or "gondi." I looked in a very good Persian cookbook Thing One's sister-in-law gave Thing Two (wasn't that nice?), but the recipe calls for raw ground chicken. I want to use up the wing meat.

Any suggestions for a recipe that uses what I have? Or suggestions how to retrofit one that calls for raw chicken?

Thanks so much in advance. You guys rock.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rob333

I can't see why you couldn't chop it fairly small and/or pulsed it once or twice in a food processor, with less cooking to get the result for which you are looking.

(((thing two))) get better soon!

Here is a link that might be useful: Persian meatball recipe/tecnique

Bookmark   October 5, 2012 at 9:19AM
More Discussions
Inspire Me PLEASE!
I am currently on a very restrictive “life style...
moosemac
Food for sore mouths..
I just had a tooth extracted - and I have a very sore...
agmss15
Apologies to St. Patrick
Not even the corned beef was done the traditional way....
dcarch7
What's For Dinner #338
#337 has reached over 100 posts. Jasdip, I love fried...
ann_t
Please clarify this butter question......
Help! my brain isn't working on this one & I need...
amck2
Sponsored Products
TroposAir 12 in. Extension Downrod Pure White 364
$12.00 | Home Depot
Artifort | Lilla Stool
YLiving.com
Don Taper Chandelier by Varaluz
$399.00 | Lumens
Comfort Dreams Lumbar Back Support 12-inch Full-size Memory Foam Mattress
Overstock.com
Replacement Filter for 42" Treviso Series Wall-Mount Range Hood
Signature Hardware