Might be Pregnant

rabbit8October 9, 2003

What are some steps a grandmother can take if she has a 16 year old daught staying with her in school and she have not seen her period in 3 months. The doctor say she is not pregnant. The girl said she have had sex. What can the mother do as far a getting this child in a home so she can take care of the baby. The grand parents are in their eighties and they are tired after raising 2 sets of childrens. Please help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dcrowex

I am not sure I was clear - are you saying the doctor says she is NOT pregnant? if she is not pregnant, why would you be looking for a home? sorry, perhaps i misunderstood.
deb

Bookmark   October 10, 2003 at 8:01AM
rabbit8

This is a friend of mine. Godd report in, She's not pregnant!

Bookmark   October 10, 2003 at 5:28PM
nookie

Why on earth why anyone want to commit their daughter to a "home" if she is pregnant? Are we STILL in the stoneages or what?!! What a cruel and cold thing to do. :o((

Bookmark   October 11, 2003 at 3:40AM
dcrowex

I agree with nookie....is it because of cost - no one can afford to take care of her? regardless of what the girl did or did not do, if she ended up pregnant, she needs all the support she can get, not to be banished. just my thoughts.
deb

Bookmark   October 11, 2003 at 6:14AM
skatiero

I would take the girl to the doctor for Mirena right away. It is a hormone-releasing IUD-type thingy (nothing like the ones from past years) which is 99% effective against pregnancy for FIVE YEARS. That will really help-- it is much more relaible than the pill and is basically no-maintenance. I would take her right away-- to the doctor or if she cannot afford it, then to Planned Parenthood to discuss her options for reliable birth control like Mirena or Norplant. Please help the kid not ruin her own or everyone else's life by getting pregnant. She sounds as though she is in no position to handle a pregnancy.

Bookmark   October 14, 2003 at 11:36PM
trilobite

Three months? Does she exercise a great deal or is possibly too thin? Menstruation can be irregular in young girls, but I would think by the age of sixteen it should be relatively established.

Bookmark   November 3, 2003 at 12:24PM
rabbit8

Trilobite,

Thanks for being concerned, but all is well. She is not pregnant. To answer your questions, yes, she gets plenty of exercise and is not over weight.

Bookmark   November 3, 2003 at 4:00PM
trilobite

rabbit8, I caught that she's not pregant, but given the situation you describe, I'm worried about her being under-weight or exercising too much, both of which can cause menstruation to cease. There are serious health issues if a girl or woman is not menstruating because she's underweight.

She may simply be irregular, but if she's still not menstruating, I would strongly suggest ruling out the possibility of anorexia with the doctor.

Bookmark   November 5, 2003 at 9:18PM
rabbit8

trilobite,
thank you so much for your concern. I will ask her mom. I didn't think about that. Come to think of it, she is kind of skinny.

Bookmark   November 6, 2003 at 7:34AM
More Discussions
Our adult daughter disowned us...
Wow. Our 21 y/o daughter has apparently cut us out...
baconeater
Normal Behaviour?
I'll keep this short... is it normal that 10 year olds...
gtrshop
Teacher won't answer my question
This is pretty straightforward. My daughters' teacher...
mdmtnwmn
Abusive Adult Children
I dont know how much more I can take. I have a 30 yo...
magoo_2006
Those Annoying Chistmas Brag Letters!!! ugh..
Does anybody get those annoying Christmas letters EVERY...
bulldinkie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™