Daughter glued posters to walls!

rikerkMay 3, 2011

I need to paint & repair my daughters wall. I jsut learned that she and her friend glued posters to her bedroom walls and had written in them at some point (under the posters) with sharpie. Please help me figure out how to go about repairing these walls so that I can paint her room. When taking the posters down it has torn the walls and now that are areas that you can see the brown from the sheet rock. Also I plan to use BM paint a primer. Can you recommend which paint to use. I want something that will hold up & is easy to work with. God help her if she ever does this again.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
paintguy22

If the areas where the paper facing of the drywall has been ripped off are small you may be able to just sand the areas and patch them. Sometimes you will need to use Gardz though to keep the patching from bubbling. Use a stain killing primer on the marker stains like Kilz or BIN. If there is not much of it, it may be easier to pick up an aerosol spray can of so that you don't have to clean tools. After patches are dry and sanded and the marker has been spot primed with a stain killing primer, then prime the entire surface with Fresh Start and then topcoat. Aura is durable in any sheen and Regal eggshell is also pretty good.

Bookmark   May 4, 2011 at 7:36PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rikerk

Thanks for your reply paintguy, I will give that a try.

Bookmark   May 4, 2011 at 10:00PM
More Discussions
cabinet coat
After much indecision, I am ready to paint my bathroom...
lam702
Paint color choice is holding up the job, would appreciate your help
I know a lot of people ask for paint help, here's one...
peggie123
How to move forward and paint after large scale patching and sanding
We have plaster walls and ceilings. I removed the...
lannegreenelag
Is the burgundy / red accent wall dated?
Hi all! Would love your opinions on this ! My husband...
eesmerelda
Paint pink ground
what is the equivalent of pink ground by Farrow and...
appuri
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™