Help! Which color would you choose?

donnaamyMay 26, 2011

Hi,

I'm a long time lurker and have recevied so much valuable information from Garden Web. I'm nearing the end of a full house remodeling project. I've painted every inch of my house, inside and out, and have one last room. The room i need help with is our kitchen and family room. California beach bungalow small. We took down some walls to make this a 'great' room. French doors look out to a small backyard. It gets good light. Kitchen is custom white cabinents with Caeserstone countertops in Raven which is a charcoal color. Plenty of Stainless Steel to shine on a daily basis. Backsplash will be white matte subway tile. Fireplace will be small grey, white marble tiles with honed black granite on the seat. Lots of grey, silver, white and black going on.

I initally wanted a neutral beige, Ralph Lauren Pocket Watch White or Benjamin Moore, Birch White. I realized I needed color. My mind with to green because of the trees out back and that might make this tiny room larger, bring the outdoors in. BM Quiet Moments or Vale Mist? Then I thought of a blue, possibly a grey-blue. BM Smoke, Gossamer Blue, Palladian Blue.

I like my furnishings to add the color, not so much the walls.

Anyone suggestions?

The other rooms in my house: Bedroom-BM Silver Fox. Master Bath-BM Alaskan Husky. Laundry Room-Restoration Hardware's Mediterrian White.

Here is a link that might be useful: Room Photos on flicker

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Lori A. Sawaya

Wow, that is a gorgeous space. You must be thrilled.

I like the whole list of colors -- those are all really good options and maybe you should sample. I'd add one more to the list. You can snag the chip at Lowe's. It's Olympic's Blue Shamrock.

Or, you can go the full spectrum route and get the full spectrum version of Blue Shamrock from Ellen Kennon. She calls it Aqua.

Course it depends on the light, but Aqua would likely appear less colorful that the colors you've listed yet still be a color. Might be a good balance between the idea of color you started out with and where you are now.

Truly, loving the new space. Well done! :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Buy Full Spectrum Paint

Bookmark   May 27, 2011 at 12:41AM
More Discussions
Need help picking up the right paint color for my brand new house
Hi, We must bought a brand new house and request to...
san28
Need help picking out a color for North facing room please!
Hi, I am looking for advice on what color to choose...
rebeccayliu
BM graytint
used it? Love/like/hate it? Feng Shui says extra...
randekasp
Kitchen Cabinets
The previous owner put polyurethane on oak cabinets....
luckeylaredo
Help with paint color!
My sunroom is BM Chili Pepper, the dining room is BM...
mererx
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™