Statue Needs Help with Aging

bichonlover3May 25, 2014

Our 28 year old son passed away suddenly and unexpectedly in his sleep from pneumonia 2 years ago. His name in English means "lion" and so I purchased a white resin garden statue of a lion to sit atop a small water feature at the end of our pool. That way, at family get-togethers, it is almost as if, in some small way he is with us.

All that being said, I need to tone down the bright white color to blend more with the grey, beige, brown colors of the stacked stone feature.

Can anyone tell me what kind of a product I could use and how to use it or will it require a professional?
Thanks for your help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
unbiddenn

The easiest way is to get rustoleum decorative finish stone spray paint. It comes in a few shades and textures so you don't have to be any kind of any artist to get beautiful results.

Bookmark   May 25, 2014 at 2:59PM
bichonlover3

Good idea. Didn't know rustoleum had this. Will it withstand the sun of the desert and not peel?

Bookmark   May 26, 2014 at 12:59PM
CEFreeman

Since peeling is an effect of aging, why don't you stain the lion a light gray/rown, then use the Rustoleum on it? Then if/when it peeled, it would look even more realistic
You wouldn't even have to be careful with the stain, since the sun and weather age things really unevenly.

That's a lovely sentiment. I'm so sorry for your loss. What an absolute nightmare for you.

Bookmark   June 1, 2014 at 9:46AM
More Discussions
First Time Homeowner - Interior Paint Decision ProMar/SuperPaint/Aura?
Here we go... I just purchased a 1950s midcentury modern...
jstem20
How to move forward and paint after large scale patching and sanding
We have plaster walls and ceilings. I removed the...
lannegreenelag
Advice on what to expect with exterior house painting job
I plan on getting estimates from 3 painters to paint...
spunkybelle
Paint colors
Our 1905 colonial home has original cherry and oak...
CocoaBean1
Is the burgundy / red accent wall dated?
Hi all! Would love your opinions on this ! My husband...
eesmerelda
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™