New Vinyl Siding Product

CEFreemanMay 6, 2011

Hi all!

Does anyone have any experience with this new Sherwin-Williams' Vinyl Safe paint for vinyl siding?

I know all the stuff about lighter/darker, etc.

I've had the colors I wanted my house since I stopped and asked these strangers if they knew their siding manufacturer and colors. They didn't, but had the color codes and chip sheet from Duron, which they gave to me!. I've wanted to do this forever, it seems.

I was hoping to hear from someone who used this product.

I have always hated my siding but can't even dream of residing. I'm thinking of trying the paint on the front porch, which is covered.

Any info here?

Thx.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
CEFreeman

I neglected to mention it's a technology used in other paints. Here's a link Vinyl Safe.

But the blurb reads: VinylSafe Color Technology is available in Duration� Exterior Latex Coating, Resilience� Exterior Latex and SuperPaint� Exterior Latex Paint. Each promises a quality finish that resists blistering and peeling.

Thx again!

Bookmark   May 6, 2011 at 10:25AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
brede

I've used the Duration on my vinyl shutters, in the gloss finish. It looks really good; the color I chose was Historic Charleston Green (a Duron color).

The paint is very thick and smooth and goes on easily, though I remember commenting to my husband that it was almost like painting with a liquid plastic. So far, it's holding up well on our shutters.

Bookmark   May 13, 2011 at 3:22PM
More Discussions
colors to use with carrington beige for hall and bedrooms
I live in a 900 sq frt condo. Natural light streams...
munin123
Just painted kitchen cabinets, now the paint is easily peeling.
My kitchen cabinets had a natural, grainy wood finish....
iris_bulb
What do you think of Coronado vs. Ben Moore Classic
I had discussed using Ben Moore paints with the painter...
CT_Newbie
Paint First or New Flooring First?
I asked a flooring salesman whether to paint walls...
jbnimble
Benjamin Moore Sample Availability
Hi all! It's been a while since I've frequented the...
jeanninepc99
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™