Interesting Venezuela Kitchen

mailfox7February 8, 2013

I ran across this blog Tazas & Cuentos and saw this interesting kitchen post. Not the modern kitchen favored on this forum, but for those who like something more vintage, you might find this interesting.
Here is a peek, for more you can check out the blog.

http://tazasycuentos.blogspot.com.ar/2012/08/mi-cocina-desafio-blad.html

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fouramblues

I don't know any Spanish, but really enjoyed the pics -- love that kitchen! Thanks for sharing, la_jan.

Bookmark   February 8, 2013 at 4:44PM
CEFreeman

Pretty.
That's a lot of dangly pendants.
I like the lightness of it all.

Bookmark   February 8, 2013 at 7:39PM
powermuffin

Very pretty kitchen. I would go for fewer pendants too. They are distracting to me.
Diane

Bookmark   February 8, 2013 at 7:49PM
crl_

I will third the excessive pendants. But otherwise I like the look! Thanks for sharing.

Bookmark   February 8, 2013 at 7:59PM
sundownr

Love this kitchen! (minus the lights) Her collections are great, too.

The descriptions are written in English under the Spanish.

Bookmark   February 8, 2013 at 8:25PM
fav.auntx2

omg those floors! and that blue island! I want that! I feel the love and warmth from this kitchen. So comfortable and charming

Bookmark   February 8, 2013 at 8:44PM
liriodendron

Well, it's a very pretty kitchen but it has NO "Venezuelan style" elements. I grew up there.

All those eggs cups and bunny-decorated items seem much more European than Venezuelan.

So I checked the profle of the blogger and she isn't in Venezuela, but instead is in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Completely different social ambiance, cultural origins and environment (temperate rather than tropical/Caribean like Venezuela, for instance.)

I'm not complaining, but actually relieved to discover this lovely kitchen is in the Argentine. When I was looking at it, I felt utterly bereft to think that my beloved Venezuelan decor had changed so dramatically to a more Euro-centric, prettified aesthetic. I'm not expecting it to have stayed the same as when I lived there, but this kitchen is so foreign to what I have in my mind, that I was shocked.

That big, pale blue-green, carved grocery store cupboard (handsome as it is) really threw me for a loop - I couldn't picture it ever being in a Venezuelan grocery store. In a chi-chi Caracas antique store, imported from abroad, yes. But in a real Venezuelan food store: No!

And even the range of colors (pale eau de nil, greens and blues) is a very uncommon set in Venezuela. Most of Venezuela is hot and tropical (exception being high in the chilly mountains where there is permanent snow cover on the peaks), but all of it has the intense, not-far-from-the-Equator quality of light which is anathema to pale, washed-out Englishy colors. Buenos Aires, on the other hand, is almost as far South from the Equator as Charlotte, North Carolina is north of it.

L.

Bookmark   February 8, 2013 at 9:40PM
More Discussions
Help with kitchen layout - main issue is where to put the ovens
I need to finalize my kitchen design so all feedback/suggestions...
keagle
Anyone used solid surface backsplash with granite countertops?
I am considering doing full backsplash in Corian (or...
Carol Vesier
Cabs above the fridge and wall oven
We don't have a KD yet, and I'm still just figuring...
Jennifer Weinman
Banquette as only dining area?
I apologize for starting a banquette thread again but...
vdinli
Sexist or Fun?
Trouble from young feminists over this billboard.
Joseph Corlett, LLC
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™