wanna help me find a wall clock?

fourambluesFebruary 8, 2013

My kitchen reno is almost complete. Lots of little punch list items for DH, plus backsplash for me. But I need for it to start feeling warmer and lived in, so I'm thinking about decorating now. There's a large, empty wall that needs something, and a clock would be a useful thing there (can't see any other clock from the dining table). I bought a Restoration Hardware clock that's just right:

Only it was defective, as was the replacement they sent me. I'm not trying a third time. (You'd think that, given the cost of RH items, they'd be better quality. Their customer service was good, though -- took back both with no challenge and no cost to me in the end.)

So, here's what I liked about that clock: the size, 28" (I want min 18" and max 30"), the dark metal case with clean lines, the sort of rustic finish, the Arabic numerals, and the cost (less than $200 shipped). What I didn't like, but could have lived with, and which you can't see in the pic: the faux aged clock face.

So do any of you know of a clock that would fit all the above criteria?

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dawn8b

I've had this site bookmarked for ages and keep looking for my perfect clock. Unfortunately shipping, duties and handling to Canada is killing me. They have tons though and you're sure to find something you like.

http://www.wayfair.com/Wall-Clocks-C417053.html?redir=wall+clocks&rtype=6&dept=2

On the left hand side you can plug in your criteria and narrow down the search.

Bookmark   February 8, 2013 at 4:53PM
GinaXOXO

This was one of my favorites on Dawn8b's link.

Here is a link that might be useful: clock?

Bookmark   February 8, 2013 at 5:28PM
fouramblues

dawn, it's obscene how much time I've spent on wayfair in the last few days (good call!) and I THOUGHT I'd seen every clock, but... Gina, that clock is so cool, and I hadn't seen it. Unfortunately, it's got Roman numerals. I've got a little one who's learning to tell time, so I want Arabic. Also, the clocks with Roman tend towards old-world, and I'm leaning industrial/contemporary.

Thanks for the ideas, gals!

Bookmark   February 8, 2013 at 6:20PM
Lyban

What about this one...

Here is a link that might be useful: Look here

Bookmark   February 8, 2013 at 6:36PM
kkaymorgan

I just want a wall clock that doesn't tick!

Bookmark   February 8, 2013 at 6:44PM
Lyban

This etsy seller has many in your size range and you can personalize them.

Here is a link that might be useful: Look here

Bookmark   February 8, 2013 at 6:48PM
fouramblues

lyban, that one's already on my short list! kkay, ticking doesn't bother me so much, at least not in the living space. Only somewhat related, I recently got an old Dualit toaster. When I fire it up it sounds like it needs to be disarmed FAST. I thought it would drive me crazy, but I got used to it in a couple of days, thankfully.

Bookmark   February 8, 2013 at 6:50PM
fouramblues

Oops, was posting at the same time as you, lyban. The etsy clocks look promising, thanks! Tonight I'll be spending an obscene amount of time on etsy. :)

Bookmark   February 8, 2013 at 6:52PM
fouramblues

OK, I decided to get a clock that busted the budget. (So I didn't even stick with the criteria I listed!) I ordered it from homedecorators.com:

I sure hope this one keeps time correctly. Thanks for all the suggestions from everyone!!

Bookmark   February 9, 2013 at 9:32AM
clockstore

Once upon time I was searching for wall clocks but I could not find many hours. At last I saw a website about Large Wall Clocks and Now I thought to purchase clock from here but I am confused. now I want to ask from all that Have you visited this site before? And please reply me if anyone buy clock from this site or visited this site.

Here is a link that might be useful: clockstore

Bookmark   October 5, 2013 at 6:01AM
clockstore

Choose YOUR size in most styles...12" to 60"Large Wall Clocks . Excellent prices. Add a family name or logo. Original designs only found HERE. Free shipping. Made in the USA.

Here is a link that might be useful: clockstore

Bookmark   October 5, 2013 at 6:02AM
caminnc

Uttermost has some beautiful clocks!

Bookmark   October 5, 2013 at 9:00AM
More Discussions
Are cordless roller shades practical with a large picture window?
Hi all! I plan to replace my windows and doors this...
texasgal47
Best mirror for misaligned light and faucet?
The light over our bathroom sink is not centered over...
amj0517
Is this still in style?
Is blue and brown still in style? I really like this...
FinallyHome
Front door color advice
I am buying a new front door (textured steel) to replace...
j1plante
Ellen's Design Challenge final - spoiler alert
Spoilers below -- but, I really want to know the answer. I...
edie_thiel
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™