Has anyone used a Woolie painting tool?

ailene54April 10, 2014

I was looking at different painting styles and came across the Woolie glazing color wash faux finish. This tool is sold on amazon, most seem to like it, saying it's easy to use even without artistic ability. I like the style, would like it in my bathroom. Just wondering if anyone here has tried it? Is it really easy?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Faron79

Where I work, we haven't been asked about these for some time...yeeeeaars! It's just one of those painting fads that ran its course. Nobody does this anymore it seems like....

Many customers tell me "I'm painting over the previous owners horrendous faux-finishing...."

I did kinda like it...for a while...

Faron

Bookmark   April 13, 2014 at 10:16PM
ailene54

Faron thanks for replying! Does this look at all like venetian plaster? I really like that look, wanted it for my main bathroom till I found out the cost. Thought this was something I could try to do on my own?

Bookmark   April 14, 2014 at 8:53PM
Faron79

Yes, you can do it on your own.

The Woolie-roller makes a faux-finish easy. BUT...it looks nothing like VP. The trouble with most f-f, is that people get tired of a look SO fast.

Faron

Bookmark   April 15, 2014 at 12:06AM
ailene54

Faron your so knowledgeable, hope you don't mine another question. Do you know of any faux painting which will have the look of VP? I usually hire painters, but have decided this will be a DIY....any suggestions will be appreciated.

Bookmark   April 19, 2014 at 3:33AM
Faron79

"Most" of the LOOK of V-P is created from the actual "troweling-on" of a tinted plaster/similar product.
(sort of like spreading cream-cheese on a Bagel!)

This builds-up a "profile" on the wall (like the cream-cheese analogy), which is further accented by applying coordinating glaze-colors, or even waxes. There are a few companies that have a V-P-like product. Modern-Masters, McCloskey, etc. Probably plenty of Youtube vids too!

Faron

Bookmark   April 19, 2014 at 3:50PM
More Discussions
Benjamin Moore Sample Availability
Hi all! It's been a while since I've frequented the...
jeanninepc99
First Time Homeowner - Interior Paint Decision ProMar/SuperPaint/Aura?
Here we go... I just purchased a 1950s midcentury modern...
jstem20
Advice on what to expect with exterior house painting job
I plan on getting estimates from 3 painters to paint...
spunkybelle
Living room and game room paint colors!! Help please!!
Hello everyone, I just bought my house and I need help...
fabbyar79
Can regular paint go over Cabinet Coat?
I have an orange oak vanity cabinet I just pulled out...
mrsshayne
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™