Promar 200 and roller

malibujason79April 15, 2011

Painted a room using promar 200 egg shell. I notice some lap marks in the sheen if I stand back and look at the wall at an angle with direct sunlight. I think my main problem is that I did not apply enough paint. When I back rolled the paint was starting to dry and this caused my problem. I was using shur-line 3/8" nap from the box store, not the best choice. What is a good cover to use as there are so many out there to chose from? Purdy white dove or colossus, wooster poly/wool S.W. contractor series ? I like the look that a 3/8" nap leaves, and would still like to have that with a different roller cover.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Faron79

Get into a REAL cover like Purdy White-Doves or Wooster Pro-Dooz's.

B4 1st roll on the wall-
Let the roller get saturated (2 minutes!). Roll-off excess, load again. Let sit ANOTHER 2 minutes. Roll-off any "sheeting" paint. You should be able to walk around the room with a properly saturated roller, and not have a molecule drip off....well....this applies to GOOD paints anyway!!

>>> NOW, you're "Ready-to-Roll"!!

Don't push a loaded roller ANY further than 2'x3'....3'x3' at the MAX.
* Work in 3' wide columns on the wall.
* Apply FOUR loads (~2'x3') in this column, starting @ the top.
* Here's the KEY movement...after filling lowest rectangle (roller-load #4), bring the roller immediately to the top, and do a >>> LIGHT * Read that step AGAIN...
* This evens-out the thin-spots and roller-turns that you can't see...because they're WET.
* PLUS- all paint is now "leaning" the same direction! You won't get the "Mowed Baseball-field" look!!

Faron

Bookmark   April 16, 2011 at 10:06PM
More Discussions
What color yellow for cottage exterior
I'm painting my cottage this spring. I want to use...
Ann Guss
Choosing Paint Color with Lighting Issues
I'm anxious to start painting my kitchen cabinet doors...
funkycamper
colors to use with carrington beige for hall and bedrooms
I live in a 900 sq frt condo. Natural light streams...
munin123
What do you think of Coronado vs. Ben Moore Classic
I had discussed using Ben Moore paints with the painter...
CT_Newbie
How to move forward and paint after large scale patching and sanding
We have plaster walls and ceilings. I removed the...
lannegreenelag
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™