q's on babysitting con't

jazzygirlJuly 12, 2008

I WAS ALSO WONDERING IF PARENTS NEED A BABYSITTER ON FRIDAYS OR DO MOST PEOPLE ALREADY HAVE FAMILY MEMBERS THAT WILL DO IT? I AM ALSO WONDERING IF THERE WOULD BE ENOUGH PEOPLE OUT THERE WHO WOULD NEED A BABYSITTER THAT IT WOULD BE A FAIRLY CONSISTENT SIDE JOB ON FRIDAYS?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
momj47

Let's move this duplicate post off the top.

Bookmark   July 14, 2008 at 9:02AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
azzalea

If you're trying to get into babysitting for a few extra $$$?

You're smart to assess the need. You really need to see what the situation is where you live. Ask around among your friends, your neighbors--most people do NOT want to hire someone they do not know to come into their homes and companion their children. So your best bet is to find friends and family members who might be interested in contracting your services.

Now, I have a question? What do you bring to the job? Are you qualified/certified in first aid? Are you reliable? Are you educated in child development, child safety issues? What kinds of activities would you be bringing to entertain your charges? What experience have you had supervising children? Do you have a reliable car and clean driving record (in case of an emergency). How do you keep your head in an emergency, for that matter? These are all questions you might be asked by responsible parents looking for a babysitter. The better your answers, the better chance you'll get the job, and be invited back a second/third time to work for them.

My suggestion would be to get yourself a first aid certificate that shows you've been qualified. Then put together a bag of activities for various ages, to show the parents that you really understand the role of a babysitter. You might consider putting together a questionaire so you'd have all the necessary info (where will parents be? emergency numbers if you can't reach the parents, pediatrician/hosptal/ambulance numbers, etc)

The more prepared you show yourself to be, the more likely you'll get the job, and in some cases, the more you'll be able to charge.

Bookmark   July 19, 2008 at 9:21AM
More Discussions
My 21 year old daughter
My daughter has her first boyfriend at 21. Now she...
stacey1799
My Fledgling
Hello everyone. I've never posted in this section before,...
Joseph Corlett, LLC
estrangement from adult children
There seems to be a very common thread with all these...
ruth3dogs
Normal Behaviour?
I'll keep this short... is it normal that 10 year olds...
gtrshop
Please help me!
I have been dating my boyfriend for about 2 years....
gsdkira23
Sponsored Products
Contemporary Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Karastan Rugs Dadlia Sagebrush Green 8
Home Depot
Dimond D1609 Logan Table Lamp - D1609
$130.00 | Hayneedle
Bassett Mirror T1210 Lido Rectangular 3 Piece Coffeee Table Set
Beyond Stores
Lithonia Lighting Hanging Fixtures 2-Light White T8 Fluorescent Residential
$14.97 | Home Depot
Two Bernadin Side Chairs - IVORY
$1,749.00 | Horchow