Paint color for entryway, hallway and kitchen

DanionApril 11, 2012

Hi - I was hoping someone could help with some paint color advice. I am trying to decide on a paint color for my entryway which goes up stairs and will also include my upstairs hallway. I was considering keeping the kitchen the same color also. Now here's my dilemma - when you walk in my house, on one side you have the dining room in BM lenox tan and the other side the family room that is in BM Shaker beige. I'm trying to go with something that is neutral but not beige like the other rooms. Would a gray blend with the beige? Also, any suggestion would be appreciated!! I'm also open to a blue gray, but am a little afraid because blues seems so tricky! Thanks in advance!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
badgergal

The Benjamin Moore website states that Lenox Tan goes great with Hampshire Grey or Grey Mist. They also show a navy blue color with it but that would probably be too dark for the hallway. I think that a light sage green color would look great with the tan color and is a nice hallway color.

Bookmark   April 11, 2012 at 6:12PM
Jumpilotmdm

2 possible solutions/options.
1 find a grey/blue in their color offering that is just right, although way too dark, meaning that is goes with both tans. Then using that too-dark color as the starter find the very lightest shade on that chip, and use that as you foyer. Add in a little more color [double formula? maybe] as needed.
2 blast it out of the water from an opposite-the-color wheel rich deep purple or something wild that just sets off the whole house. I was in a bay front house on the Chesapeake once and the lady had a stairwell painted in a fantastic purple that just made the house. Your color might not be quite so bold but try thinking outside the box.

Bookmark   April 12, 2012 at 9:37PM
tadhg555

Not sure if you're still looking, but we just tested out BM Silver Half Dollar for our entry and hall and it is a nice blue/gray.

Bookmark   July 26, 2012 at 2:56PM
More Discussions
Living room and game room paint colors!! Help please!!
Hello everyone, I just bought my house and I need help...
fabbyar79
Paint not cured-it's been over a month!
I recently painted an unfinished wooden bench. I did...
Phobie Privett
First Time Homeowner - Interior Paint Decision ProMar/SuperPaint/Aura?
Here we go... I just purchased a 1950s midcentury modern...
jstem20
Can regular paint go over Cabinet Coat?
I have an orange oak vanity cabinet I just pulled out...
mrsshayne
colors to use with carrington beige for hall and bedrooms
I live in a 900 sq frt condo. Natural light streams...
munin123
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™