Which exterior paint is best? BM or SW

jamie81April 6, 2012

We will soon be painting our new siding, it is LP Smartsiding. We are having a hard time deciding which brand of paint to go with. I have never used BM, but I have used SW interior paints a couple times. I used Duration and discovered their "satin" is closer to semi-gloss and shows every imperfection. I also was disappointed with their cashmere. Goes on great, and looks fine. I was just not aware that wiping it off (a year later) will take the paint off the wall. Not impressed.

Yet everything I have read, says they are both good paints. Any advice?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jessicaml

As with most online discussions of brands, Jaimie, I don't think you're going to get a satisfactory answer here. Both are solid brands, and both have good, better, best lines of paint, so any comparisons need to be between comparable grades of paint.

I've heard Sherwin Williams has good sales, so that might be a factor for you to consider. Or try Benjamin Moore since you haven't yet. My advice in this situation is to go with the store that has the better service or location. You don't want to run out of paint and have to drive 2 hours to get more (I've done a lot of reluctant color matches for people who didn't plan ahead and ran out of the brand they started with).

Bookmark   April 7, 2012 at 12:28PM
More Discussions
Looking for the right gray paint
I just bought silvery gray/plum bedding that is to...
hammy5
White/cream to compliment Simply White trim?
For small hallway and bathroom. Trim is BM simply white....
randekasp
Repainting recently painted cabinets
If someone could offer me some advice I'd be so very...
deever
Looking for creamy light gold paint. Anyone?
Want to paint using a really light creamy color with...
jtaime2
Cast iron table on the patio rusting?
A small cast iron table has been outside for 15 years,...
yugoslava
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™