Hi, new to this board...

wendylyndersJune 15, 2008

My name is Wendy. I am the mother of three... 20, 17 and 3.

I guess I feel the need to be here as my son has autism and is in the hospital now. He will be in a group home/ assisted living when he leaves the hospital.

I miss him everyday. I am having a really hard time with it. It just isn't supposed to be this way.

We are just now trying to make others aware of autism as many people don't understand it. Also, one in 150 children born today are diagnosed with autism, so it is a huge number. Awareness and research is a must.... but support for those that have it is just as important.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone here.

Here is a link that might be useful: Autism awareness and resources, our family blog

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
magicgran

I am so sorry. There are so many sad things that happen in life. Why is your dear son in the hospital? Is it connected with his autism or an unrelated illness?

What would be your preferred situation for him rather than the group home?

Bookmark   June 15, 2008 at 9:21PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
stargazzer

Sorry to hear this. If I had it to do over I would never let my children have the shots they give children, because of the aluminum and mercury in the shots. I read a report of tests they did in California. They took a certain area and gave the usual children's shots, but they left out the mercury and those young children did not have problems they are having now. Our grandson has one of the problems and he has to take meds or he can't go to school.

Bookmark   June 15, 2008 at 10:58PM
More Discussions
College Tuition Demand Upheld in Court
Surprised I hadn't seen anyone post about this yet,...
jewelisfabulous
How do I cope?
It's been 8 weeks since my daughter has spoken to me...
ireland33_gw
To parents of other heavy gamers...
Please do not attempt to moderate or restrict your...
sarabera
Normal Behaviour?
I'll keep this short... is it normal that 10 year olds...
gtrshop
Those Annoying Chistmas Brag Letters!!! ugh..
Does anybody get those annoying Christmas letters EVERY...
bulldinkie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™