Suggestions for Light Grey with a hint of Blue?

honeybeemApril 27, 2011

Any suggestions on a nice light grey paint with a bit of blue tone to keep it from being dreary..but not too blue? It's for a living room. I love a clean coastal/cottage style with a more modern leaning than flowery shabby chic....if that is any help! Would love any pictures you might have!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
randita

Check out Sherwin Williams strips 34, 36, and 37. Also the gray strips letters K and L. Those might be good starting places.

You might also want to post your question on the Home Decorating forum for more ideas.

Good luck.

Bookmark   April 27, 2011 at 12:48PM
Verti

Take a look at BM Stonington Gray. I don't personally have it in my house to show any pics but did try a sample when I was looking to paint my living room (ended up going with the darker one on the strip) and on my walls it was a light silvery blue. If you google it you can find a good selection of pics and see if that is similar to what you are looking for. Good luck in your search!

Bookmark   April 27, 2011 at 2:29PM
steph2000

Here's some gray choices, complete with pics. The first of the series is a blue gray. The names are down further in the article - and the comments suggest other tried and true grays.

Here is a link that might be useful: Best Greys

Bookmark   April 28, 2011 at 7:25PM
LeslieP

I just painted my kitchen "sidewalk gray" benjamin moore. It has blue undertones, but looks gray also. Its a little more blue than I thought, but very pretty. I used their regal pearl and am really pleased.

Bookmark   May 4, 2011 at 11:07AM
More Discussions
Mixing Paints & Colors
I know I shouldnt do it but I always do - mix paint...
kashka_kat
how to get smooooth walls
The room Im painting has some areas original 1906 calcimine...
kashka_kat
Just painted kitchen cabinets, now the paint is easily peeling.
My kitchen cabinets had a natural, grainy wood finish....
iris_bulb
cabinet coat
After much indecision, I am ready to paint my bathroom...
lam702
why does the cut in on walls look darker than the rolled walls?
Im a designer and the painter I use tells me this happens...
Michael Taylor Interiors
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™