Just wanted your opinion?

wiccandreams9999May 8, 2010

I am a 30 year old who is a recovoring antisocial individual for about 10 years. I was going to write a book about my life and what things helped me and wanted to know it others being the community would find it useful. I dont think that a book to help parents of antisocial children has ever been writen by a recovering antisocial. What do you all think, just wondering.

Thanks, Steven

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
popi_gw

Hello Steven

I think books that recount an individual's journey are always interesting to read. Sounds like you have a lot to offer..go for it.

Perhaps you could define "antisocial" a bit more.

Bookmark   May 9, 2010 at 7:15PM
asolo

"antisocial" sounds a lot stronger than "asocial" or "poorly socialized"....phases that many young people pass through. I, too, would appreciate clarity on that.

Ten years ago for you would be 20 -- typical "angry young man" period for many, and usually short-lived. From your post, I suspect your experience was deeper and longer-lasting. Spill yer guts. What do think is/was unique about your experience and insights?

Bookmark   May 9, 2010 at 7:39PM
asolo

Must be pretty important to you, judging from your quick response -- not. Appears your "recovery" is a ways off, yet. So...you've got what particular advice for other people? I'm thinking maybe you'd best attend to yourself. If you were Joe Hollywood or had something else going on, maybe people would be interested in what you have to say. If you're just another schmuck with problems, good luck about finding publishers or customers. Appears to me you're most likely JAS.

Bookmark   May 10, 2010 at 10:53PM
flowergardenmuse

asolo...

You are too funny....I really like your style....

Bookmark   May 18, 2010 at 4:56PM
asolo

If I could just get a 1/2-dozen or so local gals to think that way, life would be quite wonderful, I think. Alas.

Bookmark   May 18, 2010 at 6:21PM
flowergardenmuse

Hey asolo,

Well 1/2-dozen or so local gals? I don't know where local is, but juggling that many me thinks you are either courageous, have lots of time on your hands or maybe just insane!

I do however much appreciate your sense of humor. Thank you too for improving my vocabulary. I can think of many situations where I could use JAS quite liberally, and maybe a few variations too.

Keep up the good work and love your responses....It put a smile on my face....

Bookmark   May 21, 2010 at 6:13PM
More Discussions
parents of estranged adult children
I too have been where all of you are. I am so happy...
jan09
mothers estranged from adult children
Hi Ladies. I'm new here and there was a post at the...
sadmother.2
Mothers of estranged children....part II
I thought it might ease the posting if I restarted...
yoyobon_gw
she is too demanding. please help
First, my mom never hits me. My brother and I got into...
logan524
A harness for a child that old ?
Looking for a safety harness to keep an escapist toddler...
jo
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™