SW Rainwashed - Help please!

josiesworldApril 1, 2011

Looking for everyone's thoughts for picking the paint color for my bedroom. After much discussion and thought (and 12 pots of sample colors!)I think i've finally found a color I can live with. But just not sure if it all goes together.

I have the following bedding: Better homes and Gardens posies and plaid set.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Better-Homes-and-Gardens-Posies-Plaid-Comforter-Set/13274493

in the picture it looks like a powdery blue, but in real life its more beachy colors, and one of the blues in the bedding matches the rainwashed color perfectly. my furniture is a dark espresso color, and the carpeting is a dark beige jute rug. Im going for a modern vintage look, not quite shabby chic. all of the trim is an ivory color (not quite white). any thoughts would be appreciated.

Originally, was going to choose BM Palladium Blue, but after painting large samples on wall, felt like I would be sleeping in a pool.

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Lori A. Sawaya

If you've sampled Rainwashed and you feel the connection to the other elements you have planned, then I think you're good to go. Well on your way to creating an overall, pulled-together look.

On *paper* it reads as if it's all adding up to a cohesive look.

Bookmark   April 1, 2011 at 12:34PM
tinker1121

Very pretty comforter.
I am also trying to find a nice spa blue like color for our bedroom and finalled decided on Quietude, the next color down from Rainwashed as the depth of it seems to look good with both bluish or greenish bedding. The Rainwashed read blue most of the time in my lighting.
Funny too how I started out with Palladium but found it a bit much.
Good luck with your project and isn't it nice to be able to get moral support when on the fence. I really depend on the expertise of these kind folks here when starting any project.

Bookmark   April 2, 2011 at 6:23AM
beachlily z9a

I've read the good things about Quietude and Rainwashed on the Decorating Forum. When I went out to choose colors last week (2 days to choose for the entire house!), neither color worked because of a strong bias to green. So. I chose Raindrop for an accent in a room painted Rhinestone. Raindrop is almost a marina blue with a hit of gray and Rhinestone is a light silver gray with a hint of blue. Lovely!

Bookmark   April 10, 2011 at 8:03PM
More Discussions
Dunn Edwards Bone vs Bone White
Is there a significant difference between Dunn Edwards...
happs
Paint to contrast molding
Hello, We just moved into a five year old townhouse...
JoAnn Babish
Can I use exterior latex paint in the broom closet?
I want to paint a small broom closet with paint I have...
caroline94535
Is the burgundy / red accent wall dated?
Hi all! Would love your opinions on this ! My husband...
eesmerelda
What color shutters for orangy brick house that will go up for sale?
Need advice, I'm a guy and I'm just not confident in...
Chris Rojas
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™