open floor plan paint color

ac00March 29, 2011

I have a home with an open floor plan. You enter into a 2 story foyer to the left is the formal dining room and to the right is the formal living room. These are separate rooms but still visible from the foyer. The dining room has mahogany furniture with red & gold drapes. The family room is also 2 story and the living room is definitely visible from the family room. The kitchen is adjacent to the family room and is divided by a half wall with a pillar. The kitchen has dark cherry cabinets, stainless steel appliances. The family room has dark brown leather furniture while the formal living room has light blue and ivory furniture (this may change in the future but I will probably pick something neutral). Both the family room and kitchen are huge. The family room is visible from the hallway on the second floor. I hope this explains the floor plan. I am looking to paint the foyer, the hallway, the family room and the kitchen, the living room and dining room and I need help with paint colors. One of the paint colors I really liked was Sherwin Williams Harmonic tan. I am totally confused due to the open floor plan. Any suggestions will be much appreciated. Thank you

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ac00

any suggestions?

Bookmark   April 14, 2011 at 1:22PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ummm

Try posting in the Home Decorating forum instead, it has more traffic.

Here is a link that might be useful: GW Home Decorating forum

Bookmark   April 16, 2011 at 6:20PM
More Discussions
why does the cut in on walls look darker than the rolled walls?
Im a designer and the painter I use tells me this happens...
Michael Taylor Interiors
how to get smooooth walls
The room Im painting has some areas original 1906 calcimine...
kashka_kat
Paint First or New Flooring First?
I asked a flooring salesman whether to paint walls...
jbnimble
paint color help, Please!
Eastern Washington State, 1964 single story, 1500 sq....
H
Just painted kitchen cabinets, now the paint is easily peeling.
My kitchen cabinets had a natural, grainy wood finish....
iris_bulb
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™