Help pull mood board together? Quirky modern inspiration?
While I'm waiting for contractor and countertop quotes, trying to think of how I can make my new kitchen special and fun, on limited budget, without it seeming disorganized and crazypants. Also without me being too timid.
I put together some elements I could incorporate in the photo below.
How would I pull these into a mood board?
What would you chop out or change?
I didn't put any cab styles in yet. Easiest choice is white shaker from local cabinet maker. His slab fronts are a bit rounded on the front. He has some paint colors and variety of wood. About = price to IKEA, advantage is local (nearest IKEA is 1200km away)
1. I love color, DH loves utilitarian look.
2. Semi-traditional house (weirdly renovated in 90s, let's just say the honey oak didn't stop in the kitchen).
3. Limited budget, existing SS appliances.
4. Fervent non-diyers but understanding contractor.
5. Maple floor in adjoining rooms.
6. Resale value not top nor bottom of list. House has appreciated a lot already in two years. Plan to stay 10 years.
7. Giant painting in dining room stays.
8. The tile on top I already have, was thinking of behind stove. I do love it.
I did have one interior design consultation, did not go well. Any wall or accent color other than grey was very tacky to this lady.
This post was edited by robotropolis on Thu, Feb 14, 13 at 16:29