Did someone say greige?

patty_cakesFebruary 3, 2013

Can you count the ways......

It's an awesome blog and thought I should share.

Here is a link that might be useful: blog

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Lori A. Sawaya

The word "greige" certainly romanticizes all those colors so they look and feel more delicious.

For me, however, those are all low chroma colors each belonging to an identifiable hue family. :)

Bookmark   February 3, 2013 at 4:37PM
allison0704

I dislike the word "greige" a lot. It sounds dirty (as in dirt, not gutter/sexual). It actually makes me cringe.

Bookmark   February 3, 2013 at 8:39PM
patty_cakes

Funcolors, thank you for such an explicit explanation, although i'm still lost. LOL

Allison, have never been fond of the word, but when it's heard or said, my 'mind's eye' does 'see' a grayed beige~(though not dirt!)very self explanatory compared to other color names. In trying to locate the perfect 'true' coral for my 2 year old GD's room, looking at Valspar's Sweet Mango which is pretty close, the name does not lead me to believe it's coral. Whoever puts a name with a color must surely have a vivid imagination.

Bookmark   February 4, 2013 at 1:44AM
bronwynsmom

Yes, we talked about color naming in the last month or two.

Paint, nail polish, and lipstick are named by three departments of Elf, Fairy, and Troll, LTD; offices located on the ground floor; follow the signs to mushroom patch, leaf litter, and stone bridge; catering by Weed, Wine, and Whiskey To Go.

Bookmark   February 4, 2013 at 10:18AM
patty_cakes

B'mom, you didn't 'have me at hello', but you did have me LMAO! You have such a great sense of humor! I hope it's appreciated by family and friends. ;o)

Bookmark   February 4, 2013 at 6:28PM
bronwynsmom

Thank you, Miz Cakes... I neglected to thank you for referring us to those gorgeous photos. Now I want to throw it all up and move to St. Remy ...

I once spent a glorious week in a place outside St. Remy called the Chateau de Roussan. It has been tarted up some since then. I think I liked it better when it was a little funkier (there was a resident black lab in the office, and a colony of cats who roamed about, and the furniture was Louis-by-the-numbers, ormolu for days), but it is still a lovely place to be.

Bookmark   February 4, 2013 at 10:50PM
More Discussions
Online Furniture Store Question
Has anyone ever purchased from the http://www.the-furniture-store.com...
WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
This is why you don't pick paint colours off the internet
This photo has been circulating the internet today....
amberm145
Check In here, Roll Call
Hello dear friends! Have you made it here ok? Let this...
Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
F&B to BM color closest matches
If F&B is not near you but BM is....
the_foxes_pad
Dining Room Lighting - Scale
I am in the process of remodeling my new town home....
Alex Brummitt
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™