Please help me find these colors!

Sarah_MaryMarch 11, 2012

I love searching garden web for paint colors and I've finally moved into a new home so hopefully soon I can start posting to help others out too. The home we purchased has beige/light tan siding. The shutters and doors are all maroon and I'm not in love with the combination. I am in love with the blue door and green shutters on this home http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnleesandiego/5398647508/ but I have no idea what colors I can test that will be similar to the blue door or green shutters. Does anyone have an opinion?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Lori A. Sawaya

Shutters - BenM HC-123 Kennebunkport Green

Door - Pratt & Lambert 1143 GLOXINIA. I'm not sure 1143 can be used exterior, you'd have to ask. But at least it'd give you a color chip to start working with to arrive at a dark blue that can be used exterior.

Bookmark   March 12, 2012 at 3:18AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Sarah_Mary

Thanks funcolors. I was wondering if the Kennebunkport Green might work, but I had never seen it in person before. Does the gloxinia have a touch of purple to it like the door? I wasn't able to find any photos of the color. It looks like the Sears Hardware stores carry Pratt and Lambert so I'll pick up a chip. Thanks so much for your help!

Bookmark   March 12, 2012 at 8:06AM
More Discussions
What color wall paint to go with Blooming Prairie Quilt?
Here is photo of daybed with the set I just purchased....
hyperchickmom
What color yellow for cottage exterior
I'm painting my cottage this spring. I want to use...
Ann Guss
Paint not cured-it's been over a month!
I recently painted an unfinished wooden bench. I did...
Phobie Privett
Just painted kitchen cabinets, now the paint is easily peeling.
My kitchen cabinets had a natural, grainy wood finish....
iris_bulb
Is the burgundy / red accent wall dated?
Hi all! Would love your opinions on this ! My husband...
eesmerelda
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™