HELP! Need a neutral,airy paint color for bedroom with cream furn

peachypinksunsetMarch 4, 2014

Help! We need to find a paint color within the next few days! We have cream vintage bedroom furniture and need a new paint color.

Must be:
1. Benjamin Moore preferred
2. Airy and calming
3. Neutral so I can put a red flannel comforter set to create a lodge feel or pastel comforter for shabby chic feel; basically want to be able to put ANY comforter set with this paint
4. Would like it to contrast against the cream colored furniture

Thank you!!!!!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
WendyB

This is probably better in the Home Decorating Forum, but I will throw in my $.02. I have a room with cream furniture too and my target color is going to be Harvest Time or Honeymoon, both of which are goldish-beige.
Harvest Time:

Honeymoon:

(I think the Harvest Time thumbnail is not accurate. Looks too peachy in that link. It is not really peachy at all. I've used it before in a hallway)

The only other neutral category is more beige, less gold. I recently did a bathroom in BM Kangaroo, which went great with the cream vanity.

These of course are just starting points.. zillions of shades lighter and darker to choose from. Here's a lighter beige that would contrast with cream furniture.

Almond bisque:

The gold-beige colors would work well with pastels green and blue, but probably not pinks. The beiges would work well with red.

To be more non-commital to future choices of other elements in the room, I would lean towards lighter shades. The lighter the color, the more versatile usually. I personally prefer mid-tone colors for more impact.

But if you can, it is best to have the overall color scheme settled before painting. Reds vs. pastels are very different visions.

Bookmark   March 5, 2014 at 8:36AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
peachypinksunset

Thank you so much for the helpful suggestions!!! I really appreciate it! I put this post in the home decorating forum as u suggested. Thanks again!

Bookmark   March 5, 2014 at 6:17PM
More Discussions
Wall color for dark gray couch with yellow accent pillows
Wondering what wall color would look good with a dark...
hammy5
Repainting recently painted cabinets
If someone could offer me some advice I'd be so very...
deever
Latex Paint Care Fee
I live in Minnesota - the Land of 10,000 Taxes. Our...
geoffrey_b
BM graytint
used it? Love/like/hate it? Feng Shui says extra...
randekasp
Need help picking out a color for North facing room please!
Hi, I am looking for advice on what color to choose...
rebeccayliu
Sponsored Products
Crystal Bakehouse Three-Light Pendant in Silver Leaf Finish with Handcrafted, Po
Bellacor
Padma Polyester Throw Pillow
Overstock.com
iPad Mini Leather Case
$119.50 | FRONTGATE
Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Chevron Green 5' 3" x 7' 10"
$79.00 | Home Depot
Home Decorators Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Home Decorators Collection Rugs Espana
$39.20 | Home Depot
Distressed Blue Arm Chair
$139.99 | zulily
Colonial Mills Rope Walk Storage Basket - 18 diam. x 12 in. - CB90A018X018S