Help!! - Having problems painting trim without brush lines!!
I've been lurking and searching for a while, but need direct help on this one.
I'm using Mythic semi-gloss to paint the trim in our house and I can't seem to get it to lay down flat and smooth without lines or "alligator skin." I've tried with both foam rollers (Wooster Pro) and brushes (Corona Excaliburs). I have also tried using Floetrol but to no avail. I have researched and been practicing the best way to paint with latex, but am not sure if I'm getting it right:
1. Dip brush into paint halfway up bristles
2. Tap on sides of container like a bell clapper
3. Brush at 30-40 degree angle in one direction for a few inches(with grain)
4. Then brush in other direction from a dry spot back into the wet edge
5. Move on and repeat without messing around in the wet paint anymore
6. After drying, sand between coats
I am quite anal about this and have frozen up on the project to the point that my wife is rather upset that I haven't finished yet. We're on Spring Break from work, so this is the week to get projects done. I really want to get this done so that we're both pleased with the results. (I have NO desire to have to go back and fix this later.)
Please help with any info, advice, or encouragement you can give!