Does anyone here have pictures of their kids playrooms....

superladyApril 23, 2007

I am trying to get ideas for playrooms and bathrooms. If you have either could you please post them.

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
adellabedella_usa

I don't have pictures of mine. I think you could probably get some good ideas from doing a Google image search on "kid playroom" and "kid bathroom."

Bookmark   April 25, 2007 at 5:52PM
carla35

I don't have any pictures but I remember being in a kid's bathroom once that I just loved. The walls were white but then the kids' painted handprints were organized all over the wall in different primary colors...am I making sense? Anyway, it was really cute.

Bookmark   April 26, 2007 at 10:50AM
christy2828

We used an overhead projector, traced a Shrek coloring book onto the clear sheets and then traced onto the wall. Then we got the Disney paint from Home Depot (or Lowe's?), and colored it in. We also got a lot of the Disney characters stuffed animals. We didn't know if we were having a girl or a boy, so it is quite unisex. When baby number 2 comes along, I won't need to change anything!! For her bathroom I chose Tropical Frogs at Kohls. It is really cute, different from the regular old green froggy bathroom. It isn't finished yet, so no picture of that :) Here is the link to Kohl's though, and just search for 'Tropical Frogs'. :) Christy

Here is a link that might be useful: Kohls

Bookmark   April 27, 2007 at 12:35PM
cylince

Is a kids playroom the same as their bedroom? My kids have never had a bedroom so sorry. But if they did,I would love 2 paint a big mural on the wall. And I've seen blinds that make a picture when there closed like MickeyMouse or the Disney Princess'. I think that was cute.

Bookmark   April 29, 2007 at 12:33PM
mary1helen2

That is a really neat room, and a very pretty baby. You did such a great job on the painting too.
I just wanted to make note of the fact that you have the cords from the window blind tied up high so the baby can't get hold of them some day.
There have been stories of children strangling themselves on blind or curtain cords so close to the bed. I fasten the cords up on our blinds to keep the kitties safe too.

Good job.

Bookmark   April 29, 2007 at 7:06PM
popi_gw

Good job, Christy, that looks really nice. I like the chair near the tree trunk, its really creative.

Bookmark   April 30, 2007 at 2:48AM
christy2828

Sorry Cylince, we have a bedroom, no playroom. I wish I had a playroom, though! I could get all of the toys out of my living room, guest bedroom, kitchen, hallway, foyer, and my own bedroom :)

Thanks mary1helen2 and popi, we had a lot of fun painting it!! I'm not very creative, so I'm quite proud of myself :) Christy

Bookmark   April 30, 2007 at 9:05AM
superlady

christy2828 that's a beautiful room....wow!

Bookmark   April 30, 2007 at 1:59PM
bnicebkind

cylince...your children have never had a bedroom? Where do they sleep?

Bookmark   May 2, 2007 at 11:05AM
carla35

I "think" she just got the words switched around and meant that they had no playroom...not bedroom.

Bookmark   May 2, 2007 at 12:06PM
christy2828

I not so sure she got the words mixed up. I am also starting to suspect whether or not she is sincere. :) Christy

Bookmark   May 2, 2007 at 1:01PM
carla35

oh..you may be right. I think she may be the one that lives in the trailer with a lot of problems. Her suggestions to the OP sounded sincere though... I've seen those picture blind things somewhere. Don't know about the other posts of hers though.

Bookmark   May 2, 2007 at 1:51PM
christy2828

Oh, you're right. For some reason I thought she was the OP. :) Christy

Bookmark   May 2, 2007 at 3:24PM
superlady

Christy I am the OP and I am very sincere in my questions. We just moved into our first home last year and so very new to this decorating thing so I am looking for inspiration to get started on decorating my whole house. Thanks for posting though.

Bookmark   May 8, 2007 at 2:40PM
christy2828

Superlady, I don't doubt that you are sincere in your questions. I got a different poster mixed up with you. Sorry for the misunderstanding :) Christy

Bookmark   May 8, 2007 at 3:21PM
superlady

No problem. Anymore playroom pics?

Bookmark   May 10, 2007 at 11:23AM
More Discussions
My 21 year old daughter
My daughter has her first boyfriend at 21. Now she...
stacey1799
Teacher won't answer my question
This is pretty straightforward. My daughters' teacher...
mdmtnwmn
estrangement from adult children
There seems to be a very common thread with all these...
ruth3dogs
mothers estranged from adult children
Hi Ladies. I'm new here and there was a post at the...
sadmother.2
Estrangement from adult child
I am, and have been, estranged from my adult child...
chloemichelle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™