anyone else use a Montessori 'floor bed'?

hilmamasouthbendMarch 24, 2009

We have had our twelve month old in a floor bed since she was a newborn and she slept 12 hrs through the night since then. Over the past month or so, since she's crawling, she will just crawl to the door and cry/bang until we come put her back in bed, sometimes 4,5,6 times a night!!! OMG!! What happened? Now what do I do? She doesn't want to play or eat, she just wants us to put her bink back and put her back in bed, but that's still interrupting ALL our sleeps! HELP! Should I just let her cry? I know she can crawl back into bed!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
goodhome631

Why not put the bed in your room for a while? Kids change over time, and their needs change over time. Perhaps just being in the same room with you and your spouse will comfort her.

I'm a big believer in having kids sleep in the same room as their parents though (not necessarily in the same bed).

It drives me crazy when people HAVE to sleep with their dog but their newborn/kid is down the hall alone.

Bookmark   March 26, 2009 at 4:16PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
popi_gw

I guess you just have to keep putting your baby back in bed, until she gets the message, that "this is where I sleep".

The question is "is a child of 12 months capable of understanding this"?

Why do you use this sort of bed ? Why not a cot ?

Bookmark   March 31, 2009 at 7:07PM
More Discussions
My mother constantly disrespects my husband
I married six years ago by choice to someone my mom...
Sarahfayyaz
estrangement from adult children
There seems to be a very common thread with all these...
ruth3dogs
Abusive Adult Children
I dont know how much more I can take. I have a 30 yo...
magoo_2006
Estrangement from adult child
I am, and have been, estranged from my adult child...
chloemichelle
Our adult daughter disowned us...
Wow. Our 21 y/o daughter has apparently cut us out...
baconeater
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™