cell phone rant!!!!!!

sophiesmom4March 27, 2009

Let me preface this rant by stating that my kids are generally polite. I have tried to teach them manners.

BUT THE CELL PHONES ARE DRIVING ME CRAZY.

This isn't just my kids either.

Is anyone else tired of listening to others conversations everywhere, with the only recourse being to isolate yourself? I don't WANT to hear things that should be personal in the supermarket, thank you.

I have told all my kids that, for whatever reason, when they are on their cellphones, they are much louder, and probably don't realize it.

I have been IN THE MIDDLE OF A SENTENCE and if a the phone rings, it's more important. Texts get answered before I do!This also happens with friends. What happened to phone courtesy?

Sorry. just a rant (climbing down off soapbox...).

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mom2emall

I know what you mean!! I absolutely HATE seeing people walking through the grocery store ignoring their kids while one handed pushing a cart around and talking on the cell!

Sometimes I think cell phones are ruining society.

But they are just so darn convenient at times...lol!

Bookmark   March 27, 2009 at 5:05PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
popi_gw

Me to !!

I think mothers should not talk on their phones whilst they have a child under their control.

I have seen a mother breast feeding her baby, whilst talking on the phone ! Breast feeding is such a special bonding time, between you and your child. Gazing into each others eyes. Imagine what a baby sees when the mother is on the phone ! The child would grow up emotionally detached from the mother. I think the close proximity of the phone near the baby, who has a thin membrane of skin on their head, where their skull has not fused - is a cause for concern. Cancer is a real threat.

I don't like the way these phones intrude on people's lives. I don't want to talk to someone whilst I am in the supermarket thinking about what to get for dinner.

I agree with you mom2emall - cell phones (we call them mobile phones in Australia) are running our society.

My 21 year old daughter can send text messages without even looking at the keypad, she has sent thousands of them!

(sigh) how did we ever do without them !

Bookmark   March 27, 2009 at 11:56PM
More Discussions
Estrangement from adult child
I am, and have been, estranged from my adult child...
chloemichelle
My 21 year old daughter
My daughter has her first boyfriend at 21. Now she...
stacey1799
A harness for a child that old ?
Looking for a safety harness to keep an escapist toddler...
jo
Please help me!
I have been dating my boyfriend for about 2 years....
gsdkira23
Normal Behaviour?
I'll keep this short... is it normal that 10 year olds...
gtrshop
Sponsored Products
Marble Top Cappuccino Wood Side End Table
Overstock.com
Desk Lamps: 28 in. Chrome LED Desk Lamp and Cellphone Charger 4210
$99.97 | Home Depot
Walnut and Chrome Finish Side End Snack Table
Overstock.com
Aquatic Fitness System
$119.50 | FRONTGATE
Bali DiamondCell 3/8-inch Double Cell Solitaire II VertiCell Shades
Blindsgalore
Monarch Specialties I 7015 Cappuccino Hollow-Core L-Shape Computer Desk
Beyond Stores
Nature Power Path & Landscape Lights Solar Powered Stainless Steel Pathway
$23.38 | Home Depot
VIG Furniture - Smartbase - Modern iPhone or iPad Dock Ready Glass...
Great Furniture Deal
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™