Ice Age

trekarenMarch 19, 2002

I haven't seen promos of this film that are detailed enough to give any idea as to its age-appropriateness. Since it made so much money last weekend, I'm assuming some folks here went to see it.

Opinions? What age group do you think it's geared to? Would the 4- to 5-year olds like it?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ChrisAK

DH & I loved it. Laughed so hard, I have to go back and review the areas I missed because of laughing. It has a little bit of everything for everyone. The story line does get a little dry in the middle, but for the most part, it was good. We saw it on opening night, and there were lots and lots of children even at the last showing. Ladies, take a tissue, men your hankies, you will need them.

Bookmark   March 19, 2002 at 1:13PM
waddles28

I thought you were going to ask what age can kids have ice.

Bookmark   March 22, 2002 at 3:38PM
trekaren

For it to have been the number one movie, I have found only the one response above as someone having seen the movie. No one I know has seen it!

Bookmark   March 22, 2002 at 4:29PM
christie_hartner

I am wondering the same thing. Our 2 year old loves Shrek and sits through it when we watch it together. We were wondering if it would be appropriate to take her to as well.
Please if any of you have seen it let us know.
Chris

Bookmark   March 26, 2002 at 9:34PM
trekaren

Christie,
I posted over on the Kitchen Table. It's a more active forum. Got a couple of responses so far - I see you are a contributing member so you can see the responses. (look for subject of Ice Age - anyone seen it)

So far folks are saying they loved it, even cried a little, and that it is appropriate for a 4-yo.

Bookmark   March 27, 2002 at 10:32AM
trekaren

We saw it on Friday, with DD and her friend (4 yo).

They LOVED it! And it's very entertaining for adults, also. We laughed out loud more in this movie, than we did in Monsters Inc.

Sat behind a row full of 9-ish year-old boys. They loved it, also, as did the parent chaperoning them.

So it's a good one to take toddlers to!!!

Bookmark   April 1, 2002 at 7:58AM
More Discussions
Mothers of estranged children....part II
I thought it might ease the posting if I restarted...
yoyobon_gw
Normal Behaviour?
I'll keep this short... is it normal that 10 year olds...
gtrshop
Our adult daughter disowned us...
Wow. Our 21 y/o daughter has apparently cut us out...
baconeater
In-laws that don't get it!
We had to see MIL yesterday for Mother's day. Once...
ilovepink
Abusive Adult Children
I dont know how much more I can take. I have a 30 yo...
magoo_2006
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™