Seamless s.s or Kraus s.s sink

Jodi1224February 2, 2013

I'm trying to decide between the Kraus KHU100-32 undermount
And the seamless UC-SS-ORi-S1 (16g) sinks. I will also need a smaller island sink. I of course like the price of the Kraus but I am attracted the seamless dain of the seamless sink. I wonder also about the sound padding. I like that the Kraus has a whole rubber padding around sink almost looks like its dipped and the seamless just has rubber pads on areas. What do you guys think???

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dennisforman

I was also considering the Kraus KHU100-32 but I went with the Ruvati RVH7400 mainly because of the price. I am quite happy with it. The sink has large rubber pads on all sides for sound padding, plus the whole sink underside is covered in a thick coating for more noise reduction. Also Ruvati has the same sink in both tight radius (where the inside corners are a little rounded) and zero radius (where the inside corners are sharp 90 degree angles). The zero radius model is RVH7405. I went with the tight radius because its supposed to be easier to clean.

Bookmark   February 2, 2013 at 11:22PM
Jodi1224

Ty dennisforman I like your sink choice . I'm still on the fence though with the seamless drain from Seamlessusa.com its kind of cool not to have that lip from the drain. Urg

Bookmark   February 3, 2013 at 12:10AM
treasureAK

Wow here I sit wondering the same thing. To make it worse do you know Kraus offers the sink/faucet combo? I mean you get everything you need: drain, grid, and faucet. It's a hard decision....I'd really want the rear drain but in a classic style because we are doing concrete. So I'm wondering if the 23" d-shape is what I want because the only other reasonably priced 30" inch sinks are all 18 gauge. My husband insists on stainless steel. Have you seen the elkay perfect drain? I actually saw one at Home Depot for a reasonable price. Didn't touch the strainer but to me looks kinda thin. There are too many decisions!

Bookmark   February 3, 2013 at 2:12AM
Whit461

We are struggling, too. Love the idea. Also thinking about the offset drain. Looking hard at Nantucket sinks.

Bookmark   February 3, 2013 at 7:34PM
dennisforman

@Jodi1224. The seamless drain concept is good but I am not sure if it is compatible with a garbage disposal if you wanted to install one. Also, Kraus and Ruvati offer the basket strainer drain which I have, and it is quite handy. It traps all food waste and I can pull out the basket with the handle and dump it in the trash.

Bookmark   February 3, 2013 at 7:41PM
Jodi1224

O boy whit461 l love that hammered sink by Nantucket for a bathroom! Thank you.
Dennis the seamless sink says it accommodates a garbage disposal . I wish I just wasn't so unsure with change! It's just diffent and it make me question it. I do love that basket Idea too. But I think I will go with a garbage disposal. Which is a new concept for me also, growing up they scared the hell out of me. LoL

Bookmark   February 3, 2013 at 7:52PM
More Discussions
"Ledge" sinks and accessories -- do you use them?
I'm considering an undermount stainless sink that has...
denizenx
Anyone have Cambria Seagrove? Or Summerhill?
I have been GW lots lately trying to decide on countertops....
Lily Spider
Question on size of wall cabinets flanking cooktop
I'm planning 45" wall cabinets for my uppers....
seb225
WAC vs. Seagull vs. Kichler or what else - "best" LED UCL
can someone please help/advise i feel like a fish out...
lmgch
Need advice on how to remodel this corner of kitchen
Hi all Just purchased a home and does not have budget...
strikeraj
Sponsored Products
Virtu USA JS-50530-GW 30 Bailey Gloss White Single Sink Bathroom Vanity
$899.00 | Blue Bath
Zero Radius Stainless Steel 15-inch Single Bowl Undermount Sink
Overstock.com
Crosley Country Kitchen Wall Phone - CR92-OA
$79.99 | Hayneedle
Round 30 Ceiling
Lightology
Cherry Tomato Narrow Zig Zag Apothecary Table Lamp
Lamps Plus