Painting in a mobile home...HELP!!!

kamakazeekimMarch 27, 2013

I'm wanting to paint the interior of my mobile home but I'm not sure what kind of paint to use. The walls are that fake wallpaper/plaster and the trim is like shiny fake wood, same with the doors.

I am hoping that someone on here will have had experience with this and is willing to share any advice and/or tips they may have.

Thank you!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
graywings123

I don't have experience with these types of walls, but it seems to me that regular acrylic indoor paint should work. You might want to scuff up any shiny surfaces and apply a primer before painting.

If you don't hear from any of the experts on this forum, you might want to go to a site that specializes in mobile homes such as the one I linked below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Manufactured housing forums

Bookmark   March 28, 2013 at 4:21PM
arjay_gw

I have painted the interior and exterior of a mobile home we use for a weekend get-away. Make sure your surfaces, walls, fake trim and doors are clean. Prime with Zinsser Bullseye 1,2,3 primer (from HD or Lowes) and color coat with a good quality latex paint. I used eggshell on the walls and semi-gloss on all trim, doors and kitchen cabinets.

Bookmark   March 28, 2013 at 5:07PM
TjoTennessee

I am new to this forum, so "hello." I know it has been many months since you posted "HELP" regarding painting MH walls and am curious about the results. I have the kid-friendly wallboard and absolutely nothing will stick to it. I have tried several coats of Kiltz primer followed by several coats of latex paint, and it still peels off with the scratch of a fingernail. I have also tried using prepasted wallpaper in another room and it too will peel right off. I just try not to touch my walls at all cost, but would really like to find a process that works. We have installed laminate flooring in one of our bedrooms and the ugly standard wallboard glares at you now. I am open to any suggestions.

Bookmark   September 25, 2013 at 9:57PM
More Discussions
Help with paint color!
My sunroom is BM Chili Pepper, the dining room is BM...
mererx
Cast iron table on the patio rusting?
A small cast iron table has been outside for 15 years,...
yugoslava
How To Remove Paint From Stainless Steel
I have two appliances that I want to reuse in my kitchen...
homechef59
Is the burgundy / red accent wall dated?
Hi all! Would love your opinions on this ! My husband...
eesmerelda
Paint for basement stairs
I'm planning to repaint my basement stairs. Is SW Porch...
corgimum
Sponsored Products
Doucette Dining Table - GREY/WHITE
$2,779.00 | Horchow
Hanger Wall Rack by Kartell
$200.00 | Lumens
Zaneen | Carmen Ceiling Light
YLighting
Adir 24 in. File Hanging Clamps - Set of 6 - 6026
$78.98 | Hayneedle
Butterfly Three-Tier Solar Mobile
$24.99 | zulily