Aura paint question

lascatxMarch 1, 2012

BM's literature says Aura will fill in minor impoerfections. I take that to mean a not perfectly filled nail hole or minor ding. OK, so what about regular wall texture? I guess what is typically used in these parts might be described as orange peel or medium texture. Would aura tend to fill in and level that? That's not a bad thing if you are expecting it -- could be a good thing. I was wondering myself and then my cousin was talking about texture and preferring a smoother finish, so for her, it could be a good thing. I have only used BM's Regal so far. Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
paintguy1

No, it will not fill in a nail hole or wall texture. To do that you would need to skim coat the wall.

Bookmark   March 1, 2012 at 8:37AM
andreadeg

I've used Aura and I don't think it fill in minor textural imperfections any better than any other paint.

Bookmark   March 1, 2012 at 4:42PM
PRO
Christopher Nelson Wallcovering and Painting

BM's literature says Aura will fill in minor imperfections.

Any paint will fill MINOR imperfections. Aura is great paint but it is not a miracle cure

Bookmark   March 2, 2012 at 5:02AM
paintguy22

I think I want to say here that yeah sure it will fill in imperfections, but you will still have a hole there....a hole filled with paint.

Bookmark   March 3, 2012 at 3:33AM
lascatx

I wasn't looking for paint to fill a nail hole -- just trying to figure out what they meant by their diagram that looked like a decent ding and figured that should cover a small nail hole also. I was thinking about using Aura, but wondered if my wall texture would look different after painting. I wouldn't necessarily mind less texture, but I'd be surprised if that was what would happen. I still haven't used Aura -- just curious, so far.

Bookmark   March 19, 2012 at 8:27PM
More Discussions
Help me find this wall paper please
Hi all. I'm new to the forum and excited to be here....
sasseeash
How to move forward and paint after large scale patching and sanding
We have plaster walls and ceilings. I removed the...
lannegreenelag
First Time Homeowner - Interior Paint Decision ProMar/SuperPaint/Aura?
Here we go... I just purchased a 1950s midcentury modern...
jstem20
Is the burgundy / red accent wall dated?
Hi all! Would love your opinions on this ! My husband...
eesmerelda
Paint First or New Flooring First?
I asked a flooring salesman whether to paint walls...
jbnimble
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™