Virtual paint-a-room to visualize colors?

mc510March 23, 2012

I vaguely recall a few years back that I read about a free service where you could upload a photo of your room, and actual humans somewhere would (invisibly) mark off paintable areas, and you could then try out what your room would look like with different color walls and trim. But now that I want to use this kind of tool, I can't find it. Maybe I was dreaming. Anyone aware of a good free tool like this?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
brendainnj

Both Benjamin Moore and Sherwin Williams offer this on their sites...of the two, I have found SW to be more "user-friendly". Sometimes I can get the BM to do what I want, other times I waste half an hour only to have my "saved" colors disappear & have to start again.

Bookmark   March 24, 2012 at 9:47PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mc510

thanks brendainnj, I just checked out the SW tool ... it looks like it would be an awful lot of work to mark off all the paintable areas! Gotta carefully go around wall hangings, lamps, furniture, etc. Any tips on making that easier? And does it give a realistic result in the end after all the work? (i.e., when changing the color of a wall, does it preserve shading and shadows, or does it just do a simple "color fill"?)

Bookmark   March 25, 2012 at 10:07PM
More Discussions
What do you think of Coronado vs. Ben Moore Classic
I had discussed using Ben Moore paints with the painter...
CT_Newbie
What color yellow for cottage exterior
I'm painting my cottage this spring. I want to use...
Ann Guss
Any opinions on behr premium plus ultra paint?
I am considering using behr premium plus ultra paint...
texasjg
colors to use with carrington beige for hall and bedrooms
I live in a 900 sq frt condo. Natural light streams...
munin123
Spraying SW Primer and wb Paint with Airless - tip size?
I've read hundreds of posts and found 3 that address...
cebury
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™