need help with my kitchen dinning area

tinkgirl12987February 7, 2013

i have a 11 by 14 kitchen- well larger but the reminder of the kitchen we would like to use for a dinning area. as you can see from the picture we have several openings and windows to take into consideration. 3 of the openings must stay. one we are willing to close. ( i wrote it in the picture)
our sink is currently by the right back window. i would like to keep it there because our yard is nice to look at while doing dreadful dishes.
we have the oven and cook top as a slide in- 36 x 32
we want to have a dishwasher somewhere and right now our fridge is huge- IMO its 36 wide 32 deep.
i was going to put an L shape with some cabinets on the wall close to the living room (that is if i close up that opening) but then it was 7.6 feet between the cabinets (one side of the kitchen to the other) i heard that's too wide. and also too small for an island. any thoughts?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tinkgirl12987

here is one idea but you can see that there is 8 feet between the stove and sink / fridge

Bookmark   February 7, 2013 at 3:22PM
tinkgirl12987

here is the other option this seems more crowded to me but i get to keep the opening to the living room from the kitchen. but the stove has less room on each side for prep.

Bookmark   February 7, 2013 at 3:23PM
laughablemoments

Do you need a family room and a living room? If not, you could do an absolutely amazing kitchen in the large space at the top,with a huge island running left or right, with a walk-in pantry at the right or left end, and then use the family room for dining. Just a thought. : )

Bookmark   February 7, 2013 at 3:39PM
tinkgirl12987

taking the windows into consideration i came up with this. it could work. i have to discuss with hubby and ask if he wants a family room or just a living room. i think we were considering making the "family room into a "formal dinning" so it could work. is this what you had in mind? is 3.4' by 6.8' a wide enough pantry?

Bookmark   February 8, 2013 at 8:43AM
More Discussions
Where to keep my oil near cooktop
So I am in the layout phase and trying to figure out...
Dietitian
Quartz Countertop Color
We are going with quartz countertop for our kitchen...
kathy6421
The Kitchen Designer Landscape
There seems to be a few scenarios out there. Some I...
denizenx
Those tall coil spring type faucets: Hard to clean?
Like this: http://ak1.ostkcdn.com/images/products/6382868/Residential-Coil-Spring-Brushed-Nickel-Faucet-f8de8fec-40cb-4993-a19b-7903391cc178_600.jpg (How...
raenjapan
What could cause this cracking?
Hi all, I purchased white painted cabinets from a mid-range...
sstrazisar
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™