need help finding this color gray

cheryl58February 12, 2011

Hello -

I am in search of that "perfect" gray for my all white 1970s bathroom (which I hate but cannot change...hubby doesn't want to spend any money!!). I found a picture on the JCP site that is advertising the aqua bath rugs that I love. Can anybody tell me a gray (preferably Benjamin Moore or Sherwin Williams) that would be similar to this very light gray color? Thank you :)

Cheryl

Here is a link that might be useful: Gray color?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Lori A. Sawaya

The big rectangle in the middle is a color sample from the picture. You can see four potential paint color *matches* around it. Smoke Embers is a good one to start with.

Bookmark   February 12, 2011 at 11:10PM
ritamay91710

Funcolors....

That's really cool.

Bookmark   February 13, 2011 at 1:21PM
Momto3kiddos

Hi fun colors - how'd you do that?!?!? I have a pic on my cpu and have no idea where I found it, and I would like to find a similar color.

Bookmark   February 15, 2011 at 10:17AM
PRO
Lori A. Sawaya

Oh my, that's a gorgeous color too!

Off the top of my head Pratt & Lambert's Ionian 24-20 would be a TOP contender. P&L is very strong in the blue-green, green-blue part of the spectrum. Here are some BenM color numbers. Same deal, sample from pic in middle.

Bookmark   February 15, 2011 at 10:41AM
cheryl58

Funcolors, thanks so much!! I have been running back and forth to Sherwin Williams and I am now in a sort of "sample hell". I am thinking my problem is that my tile is not really grey at all but more of a taupe,greyish beige, swirled with dark brown (since tile is not laid yet, I still have option of another which is a darker color than terracotta but that is what it reminds me of). If I attach another picture, can you tell me the color on the walls and on the island/cabinets (it is a kitchen picture and I am doing a bath but I love the colors). Thanks so much!

Here is a link that might be useful:

Bookmark   February 16, 2011 at 12:24PM
cheryl58

Oops, I meant to say running back and forth to Benjamin Moore. But who knows, maybe I will start running back and forth to Sherwin Williams now..:)

Bookmark   February 16, 2011 at 1:16PM
More Discussions
What do you think of Coronado vs. Ben Moore Classic
I had discussed using Ben Moore paints with the painter...
CT_Newbie
cabinet coat
After much indecision, I am ready to paint my bathroom...
lam702
how to get smooooth walls
The room Im painting has some areas original 1906 calcimine...
kashka_kat
paint matching from sw to valspar
has anyone had a can of paint matched in another paint...
adoiron
First Time Homeowner - Interior Paint Decision ProMar/SuperPaint/Aura?
Here we go... I just purchased a 1950s midcentury modern...
jstem20
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™