Kitchen ? if family room Decatur Buff?

crouchFebruary 16, 2011

We have no talent at decorating. None.

But we've decided to paint our family room in Benjamin Moore Decatur Buff. It seems like a nice color and the people on this forum apparently like it.

We hope to paint our kitchen at the same time but have no confidence in our ability to pick the right color. The house has an open floor plan so the two rooms run into each other. We need to do the foyer and hallways later, possibly in Putnam Ivory.

Any suggestions?

A couple of years ago we paid for the local Benjamin Moore paint colorist (?) to come over. She was the one who recommended Decatur Buff for the family room and something called Coronado Cream for the kitchen (now apparently also called Philadelphia Cream). But I have found very few comments about that color and the two comments I saw suggested it might be too "lemony" at night, which has my wife in a panic.

Our kitchen cabinets are a mid-tone maple. We have an island with cherry cabinets. Our granite countertops are dark around the perimeter and gold/black on the island.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ideally sticking with Benjamin Moore to avoid total choice overload. Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sewwhatsnew

We live in our sunroom which is painted Decatur Buff, and the kitchen and living room are open to this room and painted Powell Buff.

Bookmark   February 18, 2011 at 11:56PM
More Discussions
Paint First or New Flooring First?
I asked a flooring salesman whether to paint walls...
jbnimble
Spraying SW Primer and wb Paint with Airless - tip size?
I've read hundreds of posts and found 3 that address...
cebury
Help me find this wall paper please
Hi all. I'm new to the forum and excited to be here....
sasseeash
What color wall paint to go with Blooming Prairie Quilt?
Here is photo of daybed with the set I just purchased....
hyperchickmom
Paint not cured-it's been over a month!
I recently painted an unfinished wooden bench. I did...
Phobie Privett
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™