? about the Shortyz crossword puzzle app

pammyfayMarch 19, 2013

I just loaded it onto my Nexus 7.

I don't get 2 things: How does it tell you if you've put in a wrong letter? I tried doing that on purpose to see if it'd change color or flash a msg -- nothing.

Also, when I finished the puzzle, nothing happened -- it didn't say "puzzle completed" or any other msg, or flip to the next puzzle.

(Granted, it took me a few minutes to figure out that the clues were on swipe horizontal tracks.)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
juneroses Z9a Cntrl Fl

Pammyfay: Congrats on choosing the Nexus - I'm so very happy with mine and am pleased for others that chose it.

When doing a Shortyz crossword, you have the option of having the app show or not show when you have entered a wrong word/letter.

To receive a warning on a wrong letter input, have a crossword puzzle on your screen, Tap on the 3 stacked dots in the upper right of the screen. The first option on the menu that opens is "Show Errors". Tap that and whenever you input an incorrect letter, it will show up in red. To turn off the option, tap the 3 stacked dots and the first option on the menu will be "Hide Errors".

The reason you're not getting a message indicating your success at completing a puzzle is because you have an incorrect answer(s) somewhere.

In this instance, you can also use the "Show Errors" option AFTER you've completed a puzzle. The incorrect letter(s) will be in red. When you correct the final red letter, the "success" message will appear."

Bookmark   March 19, 2013 at 8:09AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pammyfay

Aha!
Thanks, June!
I didn't realize the 3 dots were part of the puzzle options.
I opened a fresh puzzle, clicked on 'show errors' and now I see what it'll do.

Bookmark   March 19, 2013 at 1:20PM
More Discussions
Today is a tough one
My husband died 14 years ago today All day I have...
satine_gw
I just need 1 person ..............SPRING SWAP
I'm ending it today, Aunt Audrey decided to play with...
JoAnn_Fla
5 word game
Start with a word and from that word create 5 new words...
ravencajun Zone 8b TX
If you could be any character in a book...
Who would you choose? Or would you prefer to be a...
chi83
Frustrated
I can not see bookmarks, file etc anywhere . That is...
grams33
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™