wallpaper BS? (slightly OT)

adel97February 8, 2013

I am posting this on kitchens because I think the cognoscenti in this area are more likely to be here than in baths. I'll try there also.

I'm looking for a very water resistant, easy to wipe clean wallpaper with contemporary patterns for use in my powder room or maybe just the wall behind the vanity--the sort of wallpaper appropriate for use as a kitchen BS. (Ok, that's my attempt at being on-topic). Does anyone know a source or brand of such an animal? The picture below is not true to life for color but the vanity and medicine cabinet are Ronbow, dark cherry. The wall color is presently a blue green that I love, so if I do only the accent wall I wold love a wallpaper that coordinated well with it.

TIA!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
deedles

You can do whatever paper you want. Just give it a couple surface coats of a water-based matte glaze. I did this on some Cole & Son wallpaper in our toilet alcove. It was recommended by a master wallpaper-er.

This makes it wipeable but will cut down on the strip-ability when the time comes to redo it.

Bookmark   February 8, 2013 at 3:20PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
adel97

Thanks deedles, I didn't realize you could treat ordinary wallpaper. Good to know, so I can focus on the aesthetics.

Bookmark   February 8, 2013 at 4:59PM
More Discussions
Here's as close to a reveal as I may ever get... :)
I'm not going to call this a reveal because I am not...
crcollins1_gw
Unusual granite
I have searched for other pictures of this granite....
ourgeorgiahouse
Horrible exsisting kitchen layout. Help.
I need help with a bad kitchen layout. Very narrow...
dogger10
What to put above kitchen window
I would like some help in finding a unique piece of...
zorroslw1
Advice on first draft of kitchen layout
One change already is I may go with a cooktop, micro/convection...
happyallison
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™