Help With Kitchen/Dining Room Paint-Warm Rust Colors

trendtherapyFebruary 8, 2011

I was hoping you can lead me in the right direction in finding a paint color for my dining room and kitchen. Its my first home and I have an open layout from kitchen to formal dining rm and I plan on using a chair rail in my dining room and paint the top portion of the chair rail in the darker color and bring that same color into the kitchen. I'm looking for nice warm rust colors but not to red,orange or pinky. My cabinets are a honey color and Im putting down dark hardwood floors so I didn't want to do to much of a dark color since the floors are already dark. My granite is honey with reds in it too. I saw olympic terrazo tan and that looks nice! Any other suggestions would be appreciated!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kathec

You might want to check out the decorating forum. That gets a lot more traffic. You can use the search function below or you can do a better search through Google. Type gardenweb rust paint and you'll find older threads. I've attached one below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rusty/Orange Paint thread

Bookmark   February 10, 2011 at 11:12AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
decchallenged

I have almost the exact same color scheme in my kitchen as you-maple cabinets, tan countertops, and hardwood floors. My kitchen is painted a 50/50 split between Sherwin Williams Spicy Hue and Red Cent. I told them I wanted my paint color to be in between these two colors and they mixed it for me. I love it and get a lot of compliments on it. I will try to post pics later.

Bookmark   February 22, 2011 at 4:38PM
More Discussions
Sherwin Williams vs. Ben. Moore vs. Behr
Hello. I currently have Behr and SW paint in our home....
Bridget Helm
BM graytint
used it? Love/like/hate it? Feng Shui says extra...
randekasp
Cast iron table on the patio rusting?
A small cast iron table has been outside for 15 years,...
yugoslava
White/cream to compliment Simply White trim?
For small hallway and bathroom. Trim is BM simply white....
randekasp
Complementary colors for Putnam Ivory?
Hi, my new basement is painted BM Putnam Ivory (IRL...
mom2sulu
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™