Please advise re: Paint choice for exterior trim in Texas

kitchendetectiveFebruary 13, 2013

Our house is 7 years old and has its original SW Duration Exterior Paint on the trim. Most of the house is stone, except there is wood trim in Belvedere Tan, Navajo White, and one small wing in cedar shingle painted Dark Birch (I'm fairly sure--it is a driftwood color), all SW colors. We are having the trim painted again. It is all in good condition except for a small area of Belvedere Tan on the front of a south-facing balcony. Our paint contractor usually uses Duration, but will use whatever brand and paint we wish. So, here is my question: Should I specify SW Duration Exterior again, or should I switch to FPE? I am sure he will not remove every piece of wood and prime on 6 sides, which I think is the only way to meet FPE's guaranty requirements. I do not want to change any of the colors because they work so well with the stone. Thanks for your thoughts!
Oh, and we are roughly equidistant from Austin, Houston, and San Antonio, so whatever paints are available among the three are fair game. The big consideration is durability in the Texas sun and variable weather.

This post was edited by kitchendetective on Wed, Feb 13, 13 at 15:07

More Discussions
colors to use with carrington beige for hall and bedrooms
I live in a 900 sq frt condo. Natural light streams...
munin123
Paint First or New Flooring First?
I asked a flooring salesman whether to paint walls...
jbnimble
Thought I was spending good money...NOT!
When remodeling one section of our house, I re painted...
bossyvossy
Mixing your own paint colors
Decided I want to do this bc I can't find exactly what...
kashka_kat
Just painted kitchen cabinets, now the paint is easily peeling.
My kitchen cabinets had a natural, grainy wood finish....
iris_bulb
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™