Here's my 2003 Christmas card (pic)

maryanntxDecember 16, 2003

This is my 3rd year to design my Christmas card. I live in the small town in Texas where I was born and raised. Most of my cards go to old friends and family from here, so I try to do something with "our town" as the theme.

This year I took a picture of main street. Our only pharmacy is on the right and our only bank on the left. The old water tower is centered. We do have a new water tower, but this one has been here as long as I can remember. It was always the first thing we saw when we were coming home.

Jammer and I love to ride motorcycles, so I incorporated a bike into the card. And of course santa had to be in town too! LOL

On the inside I printed a Christmas poem. And on the back I added the bike again. I printed front and back on glossy photo paper so that the colors are very vivid. The inside I printed on green paper and attached to the inside of the card.

I managed to print 9 or 10 and get them in the mail. then last night when I started to print some more....my printer died. So now, here I am ready to print and mail my cards, and don't want to blow the money for a new printer right before Christmas! I guess I will have to buy myself a printer for an early Christmas present.

And to all my friends here.....please consider this my Christmas card to you.......

Merry Christmas!!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
minnie_tx

I love it, talk about talent!!
that Santa and sleigh over the water tower is a nice idea too.

Bookmark   December 16, 2003 at 8:23PM
Lia_SC

Mary Ann, that is sooooo cool!! And your town looks so much like mine. I grew up not far from here, and my grandfather had among all his photos and stuff an old postcard of this town in the 30s or 40s. It's amazing, it has hardly changed at all. I say it's a town that time forgot.
You did a GREAT job with the graphics. I know that will become a keepsake to be handed down among your family and friends. Also love your poem; did you write it?
And ...ummm... would you do my cards next year??? ;-)

Bookmark   December 20, 2003 at 8:12PM
maryanntx

Thanks Minnie and Lia.
I do hope that my friends and family enjoy my cards as much as I enjoy doing them. Here are the other cards that I've made. As you can see, I like water towers! LOL

2001 - the snow is wishful thinking!

2002 - My 2 youngest sons on their horses and Jammer and I on the bike.

I'm already thinking about next year's card. Our town is so small that I'm really limited to themes. I'm thinking about using a picture of the church. It's been there since I was an infant and the steeple is visible from all over town. I don't think I'll have Santa driving his sleigh over the steeple, though! LOL Maybe an angel would be more apprppriate.
I've also thought about the old theater that we all used to go to. It's no longer there, but I do know there is a photo somewhere of the big sign that hung outside.

Lia, I'd love to help you with your card next year! But no printing!!! Oh BTW...I've ordered a new printer and computer. should be here next week!

Bookmark   December 20, 2003 at 11:13PM
gardengardengardenga

very inspiring...I think I'll be making some great valentine's day card from these ideas! Thanks for sharing

Bookmark   January 10, 2004 at 12:13AM
More Discussions
What pound card stock should i use????
Im making boxes that will be invitations for my daughters...
eileenlaunonen
Scottish creations....
Simply amazing... Here is a link that might be useful:...
nmgirl
Photocopy Image Transfer Method
I discovered this way of transferring a photocopied...
Red_Confetti
artificial snow flakes
hi all! I want to know some cool easy tricks to make...
rosessecretgarden
Quilted paper folding
I went to a rubber stamping convention on Sat. and...
AnnahE
Sponsored Products
7.5 ft. Tiffany Blue Tinsel Slim Pre-lit Tree - 6015-75BL
$216.99 | Hayneedle
Deco Mirror Box - Christmas Decorations
$159.50 | FRONTGATE
Home and More 12101 Christmas Reindeer Welcome Mat - 12101
$22.98 | Hayneedle
'A+ Teacher' Personalized Ornament
$13.99 | zulily
Majestic Pre-Lit Vertical Swag Christmas Decor
$59.95 | FRONTGATE